• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Grille Inserts

Just an FYI for us guys who aren’t so mechanically inclined. I was at a local car show in Southern CA and saw several Acura Integra's, Civics, etc. I pulled up next to these kids and the loved my car. We started talking and I learned a lot from them. I wanted to make some Grille Inserts and can't find them anywhere. Since my car is so low, I suck up trash, and even a bird (over the weekend found a bird) They showed me the grille inserts they had, and was amazed how nice they were. I asked them where they got them...and the answer was HOME DEPOT. They used this chrome wire used by landscapers that you can mold. Last night I started to make my pattern, I cut them out, and now cutting out the circles for my PIAA lights I also have the pattern that goes over the front side lights...Pictures will come this weekend, and patterns for anyone who wants it.

Quick Question: What do you do when your wife loves driving your car? I really don't want to go out and buy her one, She has a Mercedes E55 and it's a nice car, BUT NOT AN NSX!! Is it time to Divorce her?

[This message has been edited by 94NSXGUY (edited 05 December 2000).]

I unintentionally made my car not very "female" user friendly, which had the result you are looking for with my wife. Stock we all know the car has very mild manners and is pretty easy to drive around town. After putting the Koni adjustable shocks and lowering springs on she says it feels to "harsh" and she is afraid of rubbing the front spoiler. After doing the Comptech Headers / Exhaust / Airbox she says it is too loud. After doing bronze TE-37's she says it looks too racy w/o chrome wheels. I love all my mod's, she hates them, so she no longer has a desire to drive the car. Seems like it worked out perfectly to me as she still likes to ride in it, just not drive it either alone or with me.

[This message has been edited by '98 NSX-T (edited 05 December 2000).]

I did the reverse Physiology thing as well, and it backfired! I lowered mine 1.3Inches, Headers, Exhaust, Airbox, New re-programmed ECU, 18inch wheels in the front, 19s in the rear…Not a great comfortable ride, and SHE LOVES IT! Anyone know a good Divorce Attorney?

I did the reverse psychology thing as well, and it backfired! I lowered mine 1.3Inches, Headers, Exhaust, Airbox, and re-programmed ECU, 18inch wheels in the front, 19s in the rear…Not a great comfortable ride, and SHE LOVES IT! Anyone know a good Divorce Attorney?

I wanted to make some Grille Inserts and can't find them anywhere.

You can get them from Dali Racing, in your choice of color: http://www.daliracing.com/nsxcatalog/gotta_have/gotta_stoned.cfm

What do you do when your wife loves driving your car?

Let her drive it once in a while. Then she won't complain when you want to spend a lot of money on mods or driving schools or other things for the car. It's a small price to pay for domestic tranquility, and it's a lot better than having a wife who hates the car.

nsxtacy, dont misunderstand. first line in my sentence says I "unintentionally" created this effect. I agree with all your comments on domestic tranquility, which is why I am happy my wife likes riding with me. Also mentioned that in the post.

My wife took a friend of hers out for a drive one weekend and ripped the official "driveway scraper" halfway off the car. She didn't even know about it until another motorist pointed it out to her. Although I offer her the car all the time, now she's just too paranoid to ever drive it. A win/win situation!

Back