• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

group buy on 02 NSX retrofit parts ?

Get a big assed wing with your BASCHBOOST, IMO.

I think the group buy would be a great idea, but I wonder if Eric or others would want the lower rear valence to be the same color. Then again, just ordering 50 at once, no matter the colors has got to be worth something. From what I have heard, list is around $1200 for the diffuser and $450 for the extra spoiler. That does run up the frequent flyer miles on the Delta card really quickly!!

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Originally posted by ncdogdoc:
I think the group buy would be a great idea, but I wonder if Eric or others would want the lower rear valence to be the same color. Then again, just ordering 50 at once, no matter the colors has got to be worth something.
Some of the folks in SoCal were planning to do a group buy on pre-painted (old) Formula Red lower valances.

I've also heard of several folks in Texas (at least 2 in Berlina Black) and the SouthEast (at least 2 BB) that are interested.

I need an (aged) Sebring Silver, so I'll probably need a shop to color-match it.

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 25 January 2002).]

Originally posted by ncdogdoc:
...I wonder if Eric or others would want the lower rear valence to be the same color.

Ummm... well... I'd want mine to be black, just like the rest of my car, but I don't think you were leaning towards the notion of a two-tone car.

If you did a group purchase, the units would be supplied and shipped unpainted. The purchasers would then arrange for a local body shop to paint them to match, blending if necessary (though it shouldn't be for a lower part separated by a seam like the valance is).

EDR

Ummm... well... I'd want mine to be black, just like the rest of my car, but I don't think you were leaning towards the notion of a two-tone car

Sorry I did not make that very clear, huh. I was referring to ordering all the units the same color. I was not sure if they came paintable or painted. I would love to have a lower valence in '95 Formula red

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

I was referring to any possible color combinations, if this would get us savings off the already-discounted Niello price.
- unpainted (all in unfinished black)
- factory painted (top/mesh in unfinished black, lower-most valance panel in body-color)

I'm not aware of anyone who wants the mesh stuff painted body-color... too r_cey for my tastes
biggrin.gif

We took a closer look at the NFR/camel 02 NSX today at Rick Case (car is "SOLD")

The OE 3.5" tip looks OK, but the spacing on the new rear valance will probably NOT accomodate the popular dual (DTM-style) exhausts, due to the reduced clearance afforded by the lip on the new rear spats

The new center valance section (mesh area) does not look large enough to accomodate a center-out exit exhaust

The new side skirts have a small leading edge indentation, a styling seen on some aftermarket skirts (Marga Hills). Looks good IMO, as does the trunklid trailing-edge spoiler.

Other poop:
- custom order time is 60 days
- custom interiors (i.e., other than black, -- tan or body-color) not available
- no coupes available

OTOH, the salesguy STILL thinks that the pop-off covers conceal tow hooks, so that gives you some idea of how clue-ful he really is
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 27 January 2002).]

Back