• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Group Buy - Prospeed RDX injector& ROM tune kit

This is a special Group buy! One of the best N/A mods period for the NSX!

NSX Prime Group Buy Form

This is a:
[x] Direct vendor group buy
[ ] Third party group buy
If third party, payment will be made:
[ ] Directly to the vendor (must link to vendor's NSX Prime Vendor page or include address and contact info.)
[ ] To a third party (Any third party taking payment must follow Vendor Requirements)

Minimum Number of Units: 5

Maximum Number of Units (can be unlimited): 10

Closing Date (max. 90 days - no open-ended group buys): 2 weeks (may 6th)

Product Will Ship:
[ ] As payments are received
[x] After the group buy is closed

Payment Procedure:
[ ] No deposit, payment due prior to shipping
[ ] Deposit of ____ upon sign up, balance due ________
[x] Payment in full upon signing up

Payment Methods Accepted (indicate any convenience fees): Paypal to [email protected]

Estimated Delivery Time / Date: 3-7 days

Product Pricing (can be tiered): $645 Normally $795

Shipping & Insurance Costs (if not included): Included in purchase price

Signup List (optional for unlimited unit group buys with non-tiered pricing):

PROSPEED RDX INJECTOR & ECU ROM TUNE KIT!

INFORMATION:

After months of testing and hours of dyno tuning we are proud to introduce one of the best bang for the buck mod for your naturally aspirated NSX. The NSX from the factory comes with 240cc injectors... quite small for the displacement of the NSX. As with most Honda injectors the NSX injectors from the factory run high duty cycles stock and in this case if you do any exhaust modifications such as headers, test pipe/high flow cats and exhaust it will cause leaner conditions. The best way to resolve that issue is to either raise the fuel pressure or install larger injectors and that's where the RDX injector comes in.

The RDX injector is a popular mod in the B/H/K community for people looking for a reliable and affordable injectors for their turbo or high hp N/A build. The RDX 410cc injector is a modern injector with an excellent spray pattern which helps with the combustion process. The injector also offers excellent idle characteristics thanks to an increase in control of the injector.

Dropping in larger injectors is only recommended if you have an aftermarket engine management system or our new Prospeed RDX Spec program. Your car will not idle or start if you install larger injectors without adjusting for the size with your engine management. The Prospeed RDX Spec program is custom tailored for the RDX 410cc injector. We have spent hours on the dyno to fine tune it and now we have a perfect alternative to a AEM FIC or AEM EMS. The RDX Spec program idles like the factory injectors and produces some serious hp and torque gains.

It's time to get rid of your 20+ year old injectors and install an easy plug and play "bolt on" mod for your NSX. Next to headers and exhaust nothing comes close in terms of bang for the buck in the performance category for N/A NSX owners.

CREDIT:

I want to give credit where it is due... Give L_RAO props for taking the initiative to purchase and test the RDX injectors. His contributions is valuable to our community. I also want to give thanks to Sr5guy for his technical knowledge and expertise... With his help we were able to resolve the VTEC fueling issue. expect more from him soon... Thanks Matt! Lastly I want to give Bisi props for his tuning prowess... It allowed us to perfect the RDX Spec program.

DETAILS

We offer the complete kit for your 91-94 NSX both automatic and manual NSX's are supported.

Prospeed RDX injectors & RDX Spec Program kit includes:

-6 New factory sealed Acura RDX injectors.
-6 OBD-1 to RDX injector harnesses and top hats for injectors and bypass plug.
-1 PROSPEED RDX SPEC ECU ROM tune service. You will need to send your ecu to us to reprogram your ecu.

We also offer the RDX injectors and install kit for your 95-05 NSX both manual and automatic.

The kit includes an AEM FIC with harness adapter for plug and play operation. You will need to come in for tuning. PM for details.

PRICES & ADDITIONAL INFO.:

-RDX Spec 1 (I,H)
-RDX Spec 2 (I,H,E)
-RDX Spec 3 (I,H,TP,E)

-If you purchase the Injectors/Installation kit with the RDX Spec ECU service it is only $749 shipped.

-If you have a 95 to 05 NSX our RDX injectors and installation kit will work for you. You will need a AEM FIC or AEM EMS and you will need to have it tuned for the larger 410cc injectors. We offer both the AEM FIC and AEM EMS... PM me for prices.

-All NSX's who upgrade to larger injectors will need to have our ECU ROM tune or aftermarket engine management system if not your car will not be able to run.

UPDATE
-We will be carrying Injector Dynamic Injectors for those supercharged and boosted guys wanting a superior Injector! We have the Installation kit's for them as well PM me for prices.

ID 725cc and ID1000cc injectors are available!

RDX Injectors and Installation kit! (bypass plug not pictured)

RDXkit1.jpg

WHY THE RDX INJECTOR?:

-Brand new Modern OEM injectors vs your 20 year old injectors.
-410cc at approx. 38 psi vs 240cc (Stock) which is enough fuel for a 350hp NSX.
-Compact light weight components which allows the injector to be responsive and idles nicely for a large injector.
-Excellent atomization which produces a more efficient combustion= more HP and fuel economy.
-Runs at a safe duty cycle vs the OEM injectors running close to 100% duty cycle! 80% is industry standard of being close to max.
-As you modify your NSX (I/H/E) your car will need more fuel and will run lean if you don't supply more fuel. The RDX 410cc is sufficient to handle it.
-Plug and play and easy to install with the Installation kit.
-Price... at about $53 retail each you can beat the price.

FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF IF YOUR FACTORY INJECTORS GOOD ENOUGH!

-Heres a link to a Fuel Injector Worksheet. Put in the NSX values of 270hp for 3.0 and 290hp for 3.2, BSFC for NA is .45 or .50, 6 injectors, and .8 Duty Cycle

FUEL INJECTOR WORKSHEET

Here is a video of the RDX injector in action. Video belongs to injectorrehab thanks.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bmy8bZHugRA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Here is a graph showing the Flow vs. Pressure for the RDX injectors. Image courtesy of INH.

screenshot016lu3.png

TESTING:

91 NSX 5 SPEED with K&N filter,Comptech Headers,Stock cat and muffler.
Dynapak Dyno

We tested the OEM ecu vs. a Stage 3 rom tune vs. RDX Spec Program and here is the results.

-The dotted green line is the OEM ecu with stock factory 240cc injectors
-The fine green line is the Prospeed ROM tune program with stock factory injectors
- The blue line is the Tuned Prospeed RDX Spec tune with Factory Acura RDX 410cc injectors

We noticed a whopping 37 ft lbs of torque increase at 4200 rpm over stock and over 16 whp on top in VTEC. A combination of a superior injector and a properly tuned ECU really helps the NSX run safer AFR with an ideal idle and part throttle drivability.

ElsaNSXPwrJan12_1fix.jpg

Here is the AFR of another 3 dyno runs, the blue run is the the AFR for the Prospeed RDX Spec ROM... Fine tuning allowed us to get to a more ideal 13.0-13.7 AFR. We are happy with the AFR as it is safe and allowed us to run a little more timing.

ElsaNSXAFRJan12fix.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very seriously considering the injector swap kit. I'm a little unclear on what the pricing is going to be. Looking at the swap kit with the Spec 3 ECU flash. Am I correct that this would come to $749 shipped as opposed to the $645 for the base kit. Also, is there a need for a fuel pressure regulator to keep a stable 38-40 psi (not sure what pressure the oem fuel system runs at)?

- Chris

You can put me down for a set. I'll be only doing intake & exhaust, otherwise going to keep my newest member of my family otherwise stock. The idea of the extra torque is very appealing (my previous toy was a CTSC & I still cannot forget the torque of that monster - plus the amazing sound - it was quicker than my 400hp Pontiac GTO)

1) DOCMORGY
2) MrTwo

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very seriously considering the injector swap kit. I'm a little unclear on what the pricing is going to be. Looking at the swap kit with the Spec 3 ECU flash. Am I correct that this would come to $749 shipped as opposed to the $645 for the base kit. Also, is there a need for a fuel pressure regulator to keep a stable 38-40 psi (not sure what pressure the oem fuel system runs at)?

- Chris

Hi Chris it is $645 for the complete kit with injectors and Spec 3 ECU ROM tune vs $779 which is the regular price now. Yes, just leave the fuel pressure alone. The injectors superior spray pattern and ecu control them and make them work magnificently =)

I need a higher altitude setup, would that change the price at all? I am also thinking of taking a roadtrip, can you PM me a price that you would charge if I brought the car to you.

Thanks,

Chris

I need a higher altitude setup, would that change the price at all? I am also thinking of taking a roadtrip, can you PM me a price that you would charge if I brought the car to you.

Thanks,

Chris

It will not change the price at all. If you bring the car to me it will still be the same price. I have an high altitude tune I did for a good customer in NM and it will work great for your car!

Please put me down for a Spec 3 (for the test pipes) kit. Payment will be arriving to you shortly.

Thanks!

1) DOCMORGY
2) MrTwo
3) Luigib

I had the RDX injectors done a while ago and am very happy with the results. I finally got my car dyno tuned and link to my review can be found here

Thanks for looking!

Thanks bud! Glad you were happy with the results! :)

Wish I'd seen this before Thursday, 'was too busy with track prep though.

Even if I'm too late, i did have a question: What's the typical turn-around time on the ECU flash?

Hi guys! Thanks for making this a great groupbuy. All orders will ship early this week. Thanks again!
Thank YOU mate... seems like a lot of thought/time/effort went into a great product. Can't wait. I'll put the injectors in and send ya the ECU some point in the next week or two. Just need some space in the shop;)

Wish I'd seen this before Thursday, 'was too busy with track prep though.

Even if I'm too late, i did have a question: What's the typical turn-around time on the ECU flash?

Sorry I missed your message shoot me a PM. It typically takes 1-3 days turnaround if it isn't on a weekend. Thanks!

So glad I finally got around to doing this... Seriously can't say enough good things about this modification. Front the start up, the driveability, improved response and yes butt-proven torque/power. It feels smoother across the rpm range too. The additional power is there too. Really glad that Brian/Prospeed took the time to do this kit. Installation is pretty straight forward too.

Back