• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy: Short(er) Antenna Replacement - Guppy Attack - ROUND 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
John,

i just receive my antenna and i have 2 questions:

- is my mast already powdercoated ?
- i unscrewed the mast and there is a lose red wire, that connects nowhere. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Nuno

PS - i can send a photo later today

John,

i just receive my antenna and i have 2 questions:

- is my mast already powdercoated ?
- i unscrewed the mast and there is a lose red wire, that connects nowhere. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Nuno

PS - i can send a photo later today

Hello,

Yes, the second group buy masts are already powdercoated; the exchange program was only necessary for participants of the first group buy.

The loose red wire you mention is extraneous, and can be removed with pliers.

Regards

My antenna installed.
2012-07-05_12-15-13_711.jpg

2012-07-05_12-15-26_283.jpg

A++++, for John. He had stated that this part would ship out on Friday, Saturday this part was in my mailbox. Quality of the part looks great. Have not installed it yet, but will post pics afterwards. John, thanks, for making this part. Frank Spano

Please add my name to round 3.
note:
(international shipping to Canada -> Edmonton, AB, T6J6E8, CANADA)

Hmm... The only way I can get it to be secure is pointing straight up (which looks kind of silly). If I tighten the nut with the antenna leaning back slightly like in everyone else's pictures, there's some play left it in its angle and hitting it with a little bit of force exposes a gap between the metal ring and the plastic ring where water could come in.

Anyone have any tips for getting it stable and secure in the "leaned back" configuration?

View attachment 88382

I'm having the same issue. If I angle it back just a bit I get a gap at the mast and nut junction. Otherwise it sticks straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back