• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group drive to amelia

I think we have at least 4 cars going up. You all want to ride together?

Yup. What time and where? There is also a mega-auction Saturday that might be worth checking out. Some serious $$$ will be changing hands.

I'm thinking we do the cars and coffee and then go over to festivals of speed.

3 of us could meet at my place. We have to hook up with Anderson on the way. I think we should get there around 7:45.

OK, makes sense. What time? Also, what route will you take in case I start late? Might have my 15 year old with me.....so might have to meet up en-route.

Latest. We can get there is 8:30. We should leave here at 7:15.

Wish I could go with you guys. No way to get out this weekend though.

Photos... take photos!!!

Dave, thanks for organizing this. Awesome event, not to be missed next year. Had a bunch of firsts - XJ220, Aventador, Carrerra GT, McLaren SLR, M1, hideous Aston Zagato. Loved that all black Gallardo spyder, Renault Alpine A110, RS6, endless list, and a great lunch by the pool.

Dave, thanks for organizing this. Awesome event, not to be missed next year. Had a bunch of firsts - XJ220, Aventador, Carrerra GT, McLaren SLR, M1, hideous Aston Zagato. Loved that all black Gallardo spyder, Renault Alpine A110, RS6, endless list, and a great lunch by the pool.

Other notables: Tom Walkinshaw Racing Jaguar XJR-15, David Coultard's Mp12-4 Formula One car from 1997. Manufacturers displays included Lamborghini Huracan, Porsche 918 Spyder, BMW i8. The "arrive and drive" event held concurrently included a couple of Lamborghini Aventador's and four McLaren MP12-4C Spyder's. Sign up and drive for free on open public roads for approximately 20 minutes. Right Dave? How fast did you go on the bridge again?

And those whacky Corvette prototypes, the C63/E63 AMG wagons, R8s, etc etc. And the lower end interesting stuff like the Volvo 850 T5R, 2.3-16, 500Es, several CSLs, the list is endless. And Steve, next time I see you, ask me how fast I went on that bridge when I left.....:eek:) Not sure I can ever do a regular Cars and Coffee again!

Back