• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gruppe M ver 3 exhaust installed on my 02!

Sycosho,

Are those the before the exhaust and DC header installation and after numbers?

Also I see that yours is a '02+ (as originally stated but I missed that :redface: ) which means that my previous post was incorrect. The adapters will not work on 2000+ cars without modification! So lucky you are very capable with a welder! :smile:

Mine is a '98 model... So I am trying to fit my Gruppe M ver 3 without too much welder work as I do not have one and if I did I am not very handy with one!

Thank you very very much for documenting and photographing your custom installation on the Gruppe M which has given me the courage and drive to take the plunge and do this to mine!

legendr35 said:
the dyno show very nice numbers for just headers and exhaust!

A couple of things......

The previous graph was with the DC headers and Comptech, BUT I think the Comptech was clogged. I can see a small area where it was leaking and I hear something rattling in side.

Also Comptech got 291 with their h/e:

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/media/dyno/2000NSXscPlot3.pdf

Either way, I am a very happy camper!

Just reviving this thread because I am looking to get the Gruppe M ver 3 exhaust.

I have an 02 NSX. I guess I am still somewhat unclear as to what all is needed to make this exhaust fit. How much trouble will I go through to make it fit?
What other parts do I need?
Am I correct in assuming that I will have to remove my cats?

Thanks in advance

Matt

EDITED: Never mind. I did enough snooping around and found out this is too much trouble for me to go through especially with emissions testing every year.

Last edited:
DVDoughboy said:
Just reviving this thread because I am looking to get the Gruppe M ver 3 exhaust.

I have an 02 NSX. I guess I am still somewhat unclear as to what all is needed to make this exhaust fit. How much trouble will I go through to make it fit?
What other parts do I need?
Am I correct in assuming that I will have to remove my cats?

Thanks in advance

Matt

EDITED: Never mind. I did enough snooping around and found out this is too much trouble for me to go through especially with emissions testing every year.

What you will Need: A pair of test pipes (which will be hacked) and a good muffler shop.

Emissions: just bolt back on the stock cat/exhaust before smogging it... this doesn't take too long.

drewdeezee said:
Hey sychoso, any updates on the sound? Is the V3 broken in? Has it gotten louder, more peircing, more droning?

I think it got a little louder. Hard to tell. Exhaust noise isn't that loud in the cabin. I still love it. Gonna keep it even after the car is gone:biggrin:

Sorry to revive such a long dead thread ,but it does look like you could get the standard cats in there or is it just my wishful thinking? I also imagine that keeping the cats would reduce drone and some loudness. Has anyone tried to keep the cats?

Sorry to revive such a long dead thread ,but it does look like you could get the standard cats in there or is it just my wishful thinking? I also imagine that keeping the cats would reduce drone and some loudness. Has anyone tried to keep the cats?

Anything is possible.....
There was no droning. If you want a quiet exhaust, then this is not the exhaust for you. It is a good loud sound but nevertheless loud (for others not you; not too loud in the cabin).

Anything is possible.....
There was no droning. If you want a quiet exhaust, then this is not the exhaust for you. It is a good loud sound but nevertheless loud (for others not you; not too loud in the cabin).

LOL I have a Titanium GruppeM on my M3 so I don't expect it to be quiet , but after I got the GruppeM on my M3 I can't stand the fact that my NSX doesn't sound as good. I had a GT-ROM N1 on and that was great. I have a JackSport exhaust on the car right now and that's nice to , but once that GruppeM gets in your head and nothing else sounds right:eek:

LOL I have a Titanium GruppeM on my M3 so I don't expect it to be quiet , but after I got the GruppeM on my M3 I can't stand the fact that my NSX doesn't sound as good. I had a GT-ROM N1 on and that was great. I have a JackSport exhaust on the car right now and that's nice to , but once that GruppeM gets in your head and nothing else sounds right:eek:

If you do get the GruppeM, you should definitely leave it the way they intended... cat-free. Trust me, you won't regret it!

Also, don't worry about the drone. Most droning is caused by the vibration from the exhaust pipes as it travels outwards (front engine cars). In the NSX, everything is in the rear and you will almost never experience the droning.

Perry why not a GT-Rom?

I had a GT-ROM N1 and it was great ,but after having a GruppeM on my M3 nothing else seems to get it:frown:

Back