• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GSXR 1000 vs Hayabusa

Is the new GSXR1000 faster than a Hayabusa in a straight line? 145 in the quarter is very impressive. We all know on a roadcourse which is faster. I have a buddy who turbocharged his Hayabusa and it is fast!!

Sportrider Magazine last tested the Hayabusa in 2002 and had a 1/4 mile run at 10.237 @ 140.54.

However, at the time the Hayabusa was made there were grumblings in Japan that if the motorcycle manufacturers did not control the power of their motorcycles than the government would. There was supposed to be a gentleman's agreement amongst the manufacturers to regulate their own industry. It has been suggested that the Hayabusa was detuned and restricted not to break 200 mph. That agreement has gone to the wayside since, as the capabilities of today's sportbike are quite exceptional. This is just information that I have read and could be wrong. I would have to say that your friend's Hayabusa is probable much, much quicker.

I started a new thread as this was off topic from that other listing.

Cheers.

Banshee Wail said:
Sportrider Magazine last tested the Hayabusa in 2002 and had a 1/4 mile run at 10.237 @ 140.54.

However, at the time the Hayabusa was made there were grumblings in Japan that if the motorcycle manufacturers did not control the power of their motorcycles than the government would. There was supposed to be a gentleman's agreement amongst the manufacturers to regulate their own industry. It has been suggested that the Hayabusa was detuned and restricted not to break 200 mph. That agreement has gone to the wayside since, as the capabilities of today's sportbike are quite exceptional. This is just information that I have read and could be wrong. I would have to say that your friend's Hayabusa is probable much, much quicker.

I started a new thread as this was off topic from that other listing.

Cheers.

Thanks for the explanation. For a stock bike the new Gixer has astounding performance. It has been over a decade since I owned a motorcycle. I had a 1991 GSXR1100 and it only turned maybe 132 in the quarter, which was fast by 1991 standards. Things sure have come a long way since then. Thanks again for the info.

You ain't kidding. I remember your 1100 well, what a great bike. Guys would take your 1100 engine and squeeze it into 750 frames. But now 600 models, which used to be thought of as entry bikes, now have 120 hp, upside down forks, radial brakes, and weight 300 bounds dry. I think I love my NSX so, because it is the closest thing on four wheels to sportbike.

The new 05' gsxr-1000 is faster than the current busa... :smile:

Hello,

Yeah I ment CerberusM5's friend who has a turbo charged Hayabusa. Good Grief that thing must be fast.

Banshee Wail said:
Hello,

Yeah I ment CerberusM5's friend who has a turbo charged Hayabusa. Good Grief that thing must be fast.

That turbo Hayabusa is an animal from a roll. However, there is a guy with a single turbo Supra that out ran it barely, but decisively. They ran on this 7/10th mile stretch of road where they roll into it from about 60. I was told by the time they hit the 7/10th marker, the Supra was well over 210. Now that is fast! :eek:

These single turbo Supras are king of the roll ons in my circle of friends, at least until another guy (who also has a 1000+ rwhp Supra) finishes his 1400 hp Heffner twin turbo Viper GTS project. People wonder why I feel my NSX is so darn slow.

The hayabusa is a overeight pig next to the GSXR. They are two different breeds. The Busa is a cruiser, the GSXR is a made for the track. As for speed and hp. The new 600's are putting down more hp than the 93 cbr900 I had in 93. I have seen dyno runs approacing 110 hp on the 05 600's and they only weigh about 360lbs dry. The new GSXR 1000 and the hayabusa are close in whp but the GSXR only weighs 370lbs, the hayabuse is much heavier. I have seen 1/4 miles on the GSXR in the mid 9's at close to 150 stock.

Steve said:
The new GSXR 1000 and the hayabusa are close in whp but the GSXR only weighs 370lbs, the hayabuse is much heavier. I have seen 1/4 miles on the GSXR in the mid 9's at close to 150 stock.

Close to 150 MPH trap speeds on a factory GSXR is gosh darn amazing!

Unfortunately, that type of power is dangerous in the hands of the average incompetent street bike rider. I use to race a 91 GSXR750 at Sears Point, but spent a lot of time in the canyons and remember a lot of foolish and inexperienced riders going down, since they overestimated their riding skills.

CerberusM5 said:
Unfortunately, that type of power is dangerous in the hands of the average incompetent street bike rider. I use to race a 91 GSXR750 at Sears Point, but spent a lot of time in the canyons and remember a lot of foolish and inexperienced riders going down, since they overestimated their riding skills.

Like I told many friends who's thinks a 600 isn't fast enough..."Take it to the track and then, re-think what you said" :wink:

djskyy said:
Like I told many friends who's thinks a 600 isn't fast enough..."Take it to the track and then, re-think what you said" :wink:

I agree 100%

I don't want to generalize, but the majority of street bike riders only know how to twist the throttle when their bike is straight up. I get a kick at looking at the tire edges of the fashionable street riders in their brand new racing leathers. :)

Back