• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GTSpec front lower brace

I know that many people install NSX-R front braces (upper and lower), but one thing I don't like about the lower brace is that if you put in beefier sway bars you'll need the spacer kit.

I actually searched on the net for a while and see if there's any alternative. I came across the GTSpec front lower brace (and the rear lower tie bar)

http://www.gtspec.com/product/gtspec-front-frame-lower-tie-brace-90-05-nsx

Looks like it has plenty of space between the sway bar and the brace, kinda tempted to get this instead of the NSX-R lower brace.

Anyone has any experience of the GTSpec bar? I actually e-mailed them and they said they tried that on base-model NSX only (read Coupe, early model). But they said there are plenty of space between the bar and the stock sway bar. Unfortunately, they don't even have the bar in stock due to low demand...

nsx-554.jpg

It looks like it mounts to the same bolt as the NSX-R one... :confused: Does the GT Spec have a slight kink to it?

lowerbottom.jpg

Looks like the GTSpec bar is slightly "curved" towards the front of the car, and the mounting points are "taller" making them less "U" shaped than the OEM under brace.

nsx-556%20(1).jpg

I tried matching the installed photo with the "GTSpec" logo orientation. Looks like it may have a chance to clear most thicker sway bar (Dali Street/Track bar, SOS bar).

Not all of us race anyway... If using non-OEM parts is not a concern and if we can confirm that this does clear thicker sway bars, I think this can be a pretty good alternative to the OEM one.

I don't know. But I kinda remember their name when looking up parts for chassis braces for my Subaru.

But you can't go very wrong with simple things like braces...or is it?

Last edited:
That mount where the engine cover's hinge would be. So def wont work with cover.
They should make a supercharger version if that bar. Would be sweet for us coupe peeps.

GTSpec is about 20 min from my house. They have "meets"s there every so often. I may swing by and check out the rear one in person. I already ordered the SOS/Type R ones for the front. I will see their rear bar set up in person.

Last edited:
Us coupe guys don't have any good options for a triangle bar or X brace. I'm interested in this one but i'd prefer a triangle bar like the OEM targa braces. It really needs to be triangulated in some form for maximum bracing. I also would need one that was CTSC allowable :redface:

I fabricated one with internally threaded alum shafts and adjustable end links. It worked well and still allows the use of the cover. Too bad it was short lived when I got my CTSC.

IMG_20110714_190827.jpg

Last edited:
if you want to know more about the handling of the car after the braces you can also contact "Na1 NyC" as this red one with the gold wheels is his.

not sure if anyone has noticed but Source1 is offering a Group Buy on these because of this thread.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160233

Correct, they do not have any in stock and no plans to make more. Unless we have minimum 8 people sign up to buy them. I think the product looks good and price is incredible. Looks to me like the curve in the front lower bar gives it enough to clear aftermarket bars but no way to know until I get my hands on one. I have CT adjustable bars on the widebody so it will be the test mule. Hopefully there is enough interest to get them produced.

GTSpec is about 20 min from my house. They have "meets"s there every so often. I may swing by and check out the rear one in person. I already ordered the SOS/Type R ones for the front. I will see their rear bar set up in person.

Let us know what you think of them please.

Below is the feedback I got from GTSpec. I like it but can't wait that long.

"They are on a special order basis... We need a cumulative of 8+ piece orders before we can put it back in production. Once we have reached our minimum we will put it back into production with a 60-90day lead time for delivery."

Is there a thread with user experiences? Couldn't find it using search.
Source.1, have you got any feedback from users?

my car was the only car it was test fitted on, took about 25 mins to put on, perfect fit....took more time to get my car on the lift.....i noticed less roll...and rear end is tighter.....a good amount of the local nyc guys know who i am....and how i drive my car....arista knows i dont just cruise lol....feel free to contact me, and if you would like to see it in person, ill be more than happy to come out....

Is there a thread with user experiences? Couldn't find it using search.
Source.1, have you got any feedback from users?

Below is the info I received 2nd hand. That is the only info I have gotten. I see it as an inexpensive mod that from what I hear makes a difference. I can not say it will because I have not personally had my hands on these bars.

my car was the only car it was test fitted on, took about 25 mins to put on, perfect fit....took more time to get my car on the lift.....i noticed less roll...and rear end is tighter.....a good amount of the local nyc guys know who i am....and how i drive my car....arista knows i dont just cruise lol....feel free to contact me, and if you would like to see it in person, ill be more than happy to come out....

Thanks for chiming in. Are there other people with these that you know of?

Hmmm, sounds like we need a group buy.

I don't want to wait for too long so I grabbed the Type-R front bar which is readily available.

Anyone interested in the rear lower tie? Looks pretty good - if not I'd as my friend to fabricate one instead...

Back