• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Guests at NSXPO

My wife and I are members of NSXCA, however it looks like my wife will not be able to join me to the NSXPO this year (she's a CFP that does taxes and the NSXPO weekend is the last weekend before the final extension date for taxes).

I've already learned (much to my chagrin) that I won't be participating in the track events this year (insurance issues) so I'm bummed about that.

However, I'm contemplating bringing a long-time friend of mine who is also a car nut and making this a guys weekend. But... the literature that I've reviewed thus far for NSXPO states that its NSXCA members only.

So... as a member, can I not bring a buddy? I'm assuming that I can, in fact, bring someone other than my wife but I wanted to double check.

Thanks.

Kind of off the topic but I too was afraid and worried about the insurance thing on the track but wanted to do this so much. I just drove at my own comfort level and gave people the pass when they came up on me. It was great fun and I got my car back in one piece.

How about guests in regard to tracking the car. My wife won't be able to make it but my brother-in-law will probably be attending as my guest. Can he do the track events without becoming a member and can there be 2 drivers in the novice group?

Tim

RSO 34 said:
A "guest" of a member attending NSXPO does not also have to be a member.

Thanks, that's the clarification I was looking for.

jorligan said:
How about guests in regard to tracking the car. My wife won't be able to make it but my brother-in-law will probably be attending as my guest. Can he do the track events without becoming a member
Yes.

jorligan said:
can there be 2 drivers in the novice group?
Yes. There is more than one novice group. That way, for two novices sharing the same car, one is assigned to one novice group, and the other is assigned to the other novice group. (When registering, make sure you indicate that each is sharing your car with the other.)

Ken,

Again you are the source of great knowledge :biggrin:

Tim

How bout a guest from Australia ?
:)

NSXBOX said:
How bout a guest from Australia ?
:)
Please feel free to come, mate!

We waive the membership requirement for guests from overseas, with the hope that you may already have joined an NSX Club in your part of the world. If you use the website to register and use a credit card for payment, the dues portion will be deducted from your payment. Unless you WANT to become a member of the NSX Club of America, in which case you are welcome to do so.

Can guests ride in the car (passenger not driver) for the track events?

SCS2k said:
Can guests ride in the car (passenger not driver) for the track events?

Guests are not permitted to ride with track participants, and in fact nearly all track participants will have instructors with them in the car. There will be some opportunity for guests and track event participants to ride along with instructors on the track however. Riding along with an instructor is a great opportunity to experience the NSX on the track and experience the vehicle's potential in the hands of an experienced driver.

Understudy said:
Guests are not permitted to ride with track participants, and in fact nearly all track participants will have instructors with them in the car. There will be some opportunity for guests and track event participants to ride along with instructors on the track however. Riding along with an instructor is a great opportunity to experience the NSX on the track and experience the vehicle's potential in the hands of an experienced driver.

Is this for everyone? I live about 3-4 miles from Firebird raceway and have driven all of the tracks dozens of times. Will I still be required to have an instructor and no passengers? I am not an expert driver by any stretch of the imagination but I have several friends who were hoping for rides. Is it an insurance thing?

SCS2k said:
Is this for everyone?
Yes.

SCS2k said:
I live about 3-4 miles from Firebird raceway and have driven all of the tracks dozens of times. Will I still be required to have an instructor and no passengers?
All students are required to have an instructor. Instructors can sign off a student to drive solo when he/she demonstrates familiarity with the track, good track skills, and the ability to drive safely. Those with a lot of experience, particularly with experience at Firebird, should be able to be signed off quickly (but are still entitled to have the instructor continue to ride with them if they so choose).

The no-passenger rule applies to all students, even experienced students who have been signed off to drive solo. This is common practice with many groups that hold track events. It's done to avoid the possibility that students might try to "show off" when they have a friend in the car.

As mentioned above, rides with instructors will be available to those who are registered for NSXPO, including those who are registered only for the general (social) registration and not for the track event. Members of the NSX Club of America who are not registered for NSXPO are welcome to come to the track event as spectators.

Great info, I did not know that. What's the process for people that did not register for the track event to go on a ride with an instructor? Is there a sign up?

nsxtasy said:
Yes.
As mentioned above, rides with instructors will be available to those who are registered for NSXPO, including those who are registered only for the general (social) registration and not for the track event. Members of the NSX Club of America who are not registered for NSXPO are welcome to come to the track event as spectators.

SilverOne said:
What's the process for people that did not register for the track event to go on a ride with an instructor?
Bring a helmet if you've got one, and be ready to go when the instructors go out on the track.

It will be easier for non-participants to get a ride on Tuesday than on Monday. The first day, instructors try to give rides to their students to show them lines, techniques, etc.

SilverOne said:
Is there a sign up?
No. First come, first served.

Back