• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Happy BIRTHDAY D'Ecosse!!!!!

So you are 150, and you are a national treasure. Sadly Congress and Prime has allocated no funds for your maintenance :biggrin:

They say the older you get, the wiser you are. I think we all benefited a great deal from Ken’s wisdom on EVERYTHING about our wonderful car. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience on the board, your contribution is priceless to all members!

Happy birthday old chump. :smile:

Hi

Happy birthday from me too.

So he is 150? Well I guess inhaling all that sawdust and polycarbonat or whatever from making aftermarket stereo mounting equipment keeps him young. Maybe he is as stiff of gluestuff and infamous that he should be at Madam Tussauds NSX hall of fame now :)

Regards

Couple of days early, guys - it's actually on Saturday!

But much appreciated in advance
biggthum.gif

I'll think of you all as I consume a few of these -
beer.gif

I actually have a 3-day celebration here - Cinco De Maya, My Mum's b'day tomorrow & mine on Sat.!

My Mum & I share this odd ritual where we call to celebrate each other's b'day - if we time the call so it is the early hrs of Sat morning in Scotland, but late evening Friday here in CA, then it is her birthday with me, but my birthday with her! Weird, huh? ;)

Last edited:
Ken -
Happy early B-Day! The next time we get a chance to get together to BS, lunch is one me. I hope the sun is out on Saturday so you can enjoy a ride.
I og the leather done on my Prius- looks great. If I need any NSX interior parts redone, this shop is definitely in the running.
Enjoy the next couple of days and thank you again for all that you have done for me and the rest of us NSX owners. Michael & Ann Marie :smile:

Ken,

Happy Early Birthday from out here in Brentwood! I think I asked last year and but was wrong....so it's this year that we get to roast marshmellows from the heat of all those birthday candles? :biggrin:

I'll second Michael's comments..Thanks for all the help and advice you given me and others..it's much appreciated!

Charles

Saturday?
Are you coming out to Apex? I'll buy you lunch. Happy Birthday.
Steve
D'Ecosse said:
Couple of days early, guys - it's actually on Saturday!

But much appreciated in advance
biggthum.gif

I'll think of you all as I consume a few of these -
beer.gif

I actually have a 3-day celebration here - Cinco De Maya, My Mum's b'day tomorrow & mine on Sat.!

My Mum & I share this odd ritual where we call to celebrate each other's b'day - if we time the call so it is the early hrs of Sat morning in Scotland, but late evening Friday here in CA, then it is her birthday with me, but my birthday with her! Weird, huh? ;)

Happy Birthday Ken!

Chip

JIMSBLACK92 said:
Happy B. Day Ken
Mine's tommrrow as well, and my Wedding anniversary, I'm probably older though.
Rgds
Jim
Same back at you Jim - enjoy them both.
I passed you earlier this week going opposite on 17 (I was going North) - they're getting common on that stretch - yours, an all red & another red/black all spied this week!

Appreciate the kind thoughts from everyone else too.

D'Ecosse said:
Same back at you Jim - enjoy them both.
I passed you earlier this week going opposite on 17 (I was going North) - they're getting common on that stretch - yours, an all red & another red/black all spied this week!

Gee I'm always on the look out maybe you need this on your antenna :biggrin:

Attachments

• ken.bmp
    4.4 KB · Views: 237
Thanks all!
I have to report on the weekend's events:
First, on Friday evening, my wife Michelle left to "get her hair cut" - when she arrived home however, my daughter Alyssa jumped into the family room & yelled "Surprise!". It was indeed - no haircut, Michelle had gone to the airport to pick her up, having arranged her flight from Portland, OR.
So I was really pleased that Alyssa was here to enjoy my birthday with us.
Then the plan was dinner on Sat evening:
I was in my office (browsing on 'Prime as usual) & Alyssa & Michelle, both looking really gorgeous, told me, "OK, time to go" ....
I came out of my office around the corner towards the front door & here is this tall stranger standing in my foyer - Michelle : "Ken, this is Paul - he'll be our driver tonight" Paul congratulated me on my birthday & informed me he shared the date as his too which was amazing con-incidence - I was obviously on the better end of the deal of course!
Again total surprise - we went outside and there is our Limo from LeGrande Affaire, not huge, just right for the three of us. Paul took our photo before we left, presented me with 3 roses and asked, shall I open the Champagne now, Sir? Duuh, yes!!!!!!
We're going to the city Michelle told me.
So we arrived at The Waterfront on the wharf in San Francisco and enjoyed a beautiful meal. But decided coffee & dessert better at another venue. Paul recommended Little Italy & went to one of the traditional little pastry shops that are all over there. We invited Paul to join us, but unfortunately there was nowhere to park the stretch. But we brought him a to-go box with a selection of goodies to enjoy later.
After coffee/dessert, Paul entertained us with a tour of the city stopping at all the great vista points - it was a real treat to relax & take it all in. For Alyssa especially th opportunity to see a lot of new things. We ended with a trip across the Golden Gate stopping at the vista point on the North Side for some final pics across the bay to the city before heading home across the San Rafael/Richmond bridge and South from there back to Pleasanton.
We enjoyed some great chat with Alyssa on the way home, although we were all tired.
Finally arrived home & thanked Paul - he was absolutely fabulous - really helped to make the night special.
Finished the evening opening my cards & presents just in time before midnight - what a totally wonderful Birthday!!!!!

Hi

Sounds like a good evening. I celebrated my dads 60th birthday on friday. No limo drive, but equally nice.

Regards

Ken,

Sounds like you had a "GREAT" B-day. Especially with your wife Michelle surprizing you by flying your daugther down for your B-day. It was nice meeting your daugther last Saturday and I nearly dropped to the floor when she told me she drove your NSX to Apex.

I know you hear this all the time... You have an incredible NSX, the upgrades, the wheel selection and the Audio System (which I had the pleasure of being able to listen too)... everything was done to perfection...

Anyways, you don't look a day over 149... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Happy B-day...

Mike

MikeC_587 said:
... I nearly dropped to the floor when she told me she drove your NSX to Apex....
Thanks Mike - I think she was disappointed when we arrived & everyone was inside so didn't get to see her drive up!
She's a great kid & a very good driver - She was quite conservative & I actually had to encourage her to give it a little more go!

D'Ecosse said:
She's a great kid & a very good driver - She was quite conservative & I actually had to encourage her to give it a little more go!

I saw you two drive away. I was impressed that she was able to handle the NSX clutch pretty well. I know it took me a little while to get used to it. You've got a good kid and you are a very cool dad for letting her drive the NSX.

Hey Mike - "It's all about how you roll", right? :biggrin:

awww, definetly a mastercard moment:

canceled hair apt. - free
round trip air fare - $250.00
browsing on Prime before dinner – free
limo service - $600.00 (?)
a fabulous Paul - $200.00 (?)
dinner in the city - $150.00
to-go goodie box - $50.00
crossing the Golden Gate - $5.00
an unforgettable night with love ones on your 150th :rolleyes: birthday – priceless

but for everything else, there’s the NSX and Prime! :wink:

glad you enjoyed the cake man! thanks for saving me a piece, in your stomach. :tongue: j/k :biggrin:

got any pictures to share?

D'Ecosse said:
Thanks all!
I have to report on the weekend's events:
First, on Friday evening, my wife Michelle left to "get her hair cut" - when she arrived home however, my daughter Alyssa jumped into the family room & yelled "Surprise!". It was indeed - no haircut, Michelle had gone to the airport to pick her up, having arranged her flight from Portland, OR.
So I was really pleased that Alyssa was here to enjoy my birthday with us.
Then the plan was dinner on Sat evening:
I was in my office (browsing on 'Prime as usual) & Alyssa & Michelle, both looking really gorgeous, told me, "OK, time to go" ....
I came out of my office around the corner towards the front door & here is this tall stranger standing in my foyer - Michelle : "Ken, this is Paul - he'll be our driver tonight" Paul congratulated me on my birthday & informed me he shared the date as his too which was amazing con-incidence - I was obviously on the better end of the deal of course!
Again total surprise - we went outside and there is our Limo from LeGrande Affaire, not huge, just right for the three of us. Paul took our photo before we left, presented me with 3 roses and asked, shall I open the Champagne now, Sir? Duuh, yes!!!!!!
We're going to the city Michelle told me.
So we arrived at The Waterfront on the wharf in San Francisco and enjoyed a beautiful meal. But decided coffee & dessert better at another venue. Paul recommended Little Italy & went to one of the traditional little pastry shops that are all over there. We invited Paul to join us, but unfortunately there was nowhere to park the stretch. But we brought him a to-go box with a selection of goodies to enjoy later.
After coffee/dessert, Paul entertained us with a tour of the city stopping at all the great vista points - it was a real treat to relax & take it all in. For Alyssa especially th opportunity to see a lot of new things. We ended with a trip across the Golden Gate stopping at the vista point on the North Side for some final pics across the bay to the city before heading home across the San Rafael/Richmond bridge and South from there back to Pleasanton.
We enjoyed some great chat with Alyssa on the way home, although we were all tired.
Finally arrived home & thanked Paul - he was absolutely fabulous - really helped to make the night special.
Finished the evening opening my cards & presents just in time before midnight - what a totally wonderful Birthday!!!!!

Back