• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

have a ? about a rubber seal that has a small hole on rear suspension

finally got the rear suspension on bilstein/eibach

when installing it there was a small hole/tear on this black rubber seal
with some grease stuff inside

looks connect to the rear sway bar..

i circled the part in red.. in the atachment
8412rubberspacer.jpg

8412rubberspacer2.jpg

question is, is it something I should worry about, or not?
thanks

That joint transfers all the energy that moves between the bar and that corner of the car. When the grease diminishes enough, the part will eventually fail. If it fails in a high speed corner, it will upset the car a little.
All that said, failure is a long way off if there is still enough grease to leak.
Its a fairly inexpsenive part however.

HTH,
MB

I've been able to "repair" such holes by cleaning it off and placing a big blob of RTV on it. Depending on cleaning, position and luck...the repair can last many years or it can last one day.

If you have a half-tube of RTV laying around it is a worthy try; as the rest of the tube will be useless in a couple of months anyways.

Drew

i just ordered the stabilizer links today

$118 for right
$121 for left

ouch

Gee that sounds inexpensive. :eek: All rubber parts on the NSX are not cheap. I"ve had a single ball joint boot cost over $20 to replace. That's not cheap in any mans book.

And by the way, if that link fails in a high speed corner, it won't upset the car a little, it will upset the car A LOT! It's a good chance you'll spin so always be mindful of those delicate parts.

ATERPAK said:
Gee that sounds inexpensive. :eek: All rubber parts on the NSX are not cheap. I"ve had a single ball joint boot cost over $20 to replace.
do you mean $200?

Back