• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have you replaced your clutch or timing belts?

At what point (miles and/or years) did you replace them. I checked the FAQ in this site, but I would like to know from others. Have a two 96t's i'm looking at buying, both with less than 30k.

------------------

Clutch, Timing Belt & Water Pump replaced at 107,000 miles (1 month before I bought the car!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
'91 Black/Black

For a 93, service was done on 11/7/01 with ~95k miles.

CT Clutch
Timing Belt
Water Pump
Inner Axel Boot kit
Cam Plugs
Vtec Sensor o-ring

Clutch life can vary from under 30K miles to over 90K. I take my car to a lot of track events and replaced the clutch at 38K.

Timing belt is recommended to be replaced at 6 years or 90K miles, whichever comes first. Because I didn't have the miles, I felt comfortable stretching the time by 2 more years, and replaced it 8 years after purchased new, at 39K miles.

Clutch at 44,000. Needed it at 40k IMO, also plugs at 44k. They too over due, but i had just bought car. Timing belts, valve adjust, and new O2 sensors as well as water pump, this fall when i hit @50,000. Any one know about the water pump? I heard the 91's get one for free or something? Hmm.

Eric

Back