• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Heavy competition

Why was your engine over-heating?? I'm just wondering because I saw a "Best Motoring" video where a NSX-R was up against 2 Lambos, a 911turbo, and some others and they claim towards the end the NSX-R over heated as well. Is this a common problem with NSXs on the track?

Update: I finally finished the big page about the event with pics and story - it was a long night...so please look here . Comments are welcome.
BTW: You may even set up a wishlist here which picture you'd want as a bigger wallpaper version - I will upload the two most wanted to my site.

Last edited:
NSX-Racer- You should purchase BMI enduro battle they had the NSX-R overheating big time and alot of the BM Japan DVD's the NSX-R overheats consistently after 4 or 5 hot laps.
It sounds your problem is similar .

Nice video and pics. Thanks for sharing.
Interesting g-force gauge you have hanging from the mirror. :biggrin:

NSXBOX said:
NSX-Racer- You should purchase BMI enduro battle they had the NSX-R overheating big time and alot of the BM Japan DVD's the NSX-R overheats consistently after 4 or 5 hot laps.
I have a downloaded video of this Motegi battle since it came out in Japan - yes, I noticed that overheating problem in the last lap of it.

KGP: Watch post No. 47 for further explanation on the g force gauge :biggrin:

racer- the BMI enduro just came out and they put water and oil temp gauges on all the cars on a 20 mins 34 degree celsius race. The drivers were surprised how easy the NSX overheated so was I considering the other cars were turbocharged.
Its a definite buy for you maybe give some clues as to whats happening.. and it maybe widespread problem.

Thanks for the info - are we talking about different Motegi battles? The one I mean is with Gan-San in a NSX-R against monsters like Lambo etc.

And of course I can't buy the DVD because there is no PAL version, only NTSC AFAIK.

Alright - then I was referring to an older battle at Motegi (also with overheating!) and didn't know of this one at Tsukuba - thanks for the clarification (I also didn't know that Australia has PAL, Neo and all the others there may forgive my ignorance... :wink: )

Definitely a good watch AU_NSX and myself were watching and thought bout the problems you were having. We were very surprised that this is an ongoing problem and not a once off.

TopEnd said:
to: NSX-Racer
Sounds like you need a twin turbo upgrade...=)
I know you don't mean that too serious but I may explain my special attitude to that (attention - here comes philosophy!):

When you saw my car on the pics besides Viper, F 360 GT, Enzo or similar car it is obvious that the NSX is in a different size-, weight- and power-class. Of course you can alter a NSX to a similar monster with widebody, 18/19" rims, big spoilers and supercharger or turbo (just read of a concept car that has both! no NSX of course...). That's not my ambition.

In my view the NSX doesn't belong there - at least at the race track. There it is more in the class of Integras (proof is the european Honda Trophy where the Integras are equal or better than the NSXs on the tracks), Renault Cup Clios or former Porsche RSRs just to take some examples. So my goal is and was to maintain the relatively small 16/17" rims, reduce the overall weight (now about 1,230 kilogrammes) and increase the performance by slightly altering the suspension, brakes and aerodynamics, the use of race slicks and constantly increase the driver's skills.

I heard many other drivers who asked me after a session: What have you done with your engine? They thought I have a lot more power than stock because the car's so fast. The answer is: The engine is pure stock, I only have a different exhaust and removed the cats which doesn't make too much power increase - maybe 15 HP or so. It was more a weight than a power question - the custom exhaust is much lighter.

The secret is the increased corner and corner exit speed which can make more difference on the following straight than some additional HPs.

Now I am in the laptime region at Hockenheim GP of race prepped Cup Clios which have a lot less power but also a lot less weight than my car - not too bad for a NSX that is nearly street legal.

Back