• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HELIX CARBON - Don't waste their time or your own.

I did the pre-order for helix carbon fiber door panel trim set - Paid the deposit by the time they requested it - after waiting over a month finally get an email stating that there was a delay in manufacturing, and it would take an unspecified amount of time...

After waiting another 1-2 months or so, they tell me that my "kit" is in stock finally and they aren't going to ship it. It has flaws, cracks, and the quality is really poor. For a $1200 kit, I'd expect it to be decent....

They then tell me that I can wait another few months or so for "another" kit to be manufactured, which is really irritating and unacceptable after I've already waited months, or offer to take their grade D kit for small discount. In anticipation of a high quality product which they advertise everywhere, I'm in sheer disappointment with 1) their process, 2) their cost, 3) their extreme delayed process which they are outsourcing the product at the expense of the customer taking months to deliver sub-par quality products.
I'd have no issue waiting for a quality item, but after paying, waiting, waiting some more, and being "offered" a really low quality part in place of what I ordered originally is unacceptable.

Their website for reference; https://helixcarbon.com

Jay did the right thing and even offered a discount or refund after the long wait... He was communicative from the beginning and even explained it.

From the man himself:

Not going to get into a massive discussion here, but I will at least comment on inaccurate statements.
Yes, we were quoted a time by our manufacturer and they did blow it. Either way, that’s on us because it’s our name on the business. When the product arrived, we had acceptable kits and unacceptable kits. We shipped kits in order of purchase and contacted all who would be delayed as soon as we found out. This is always been my complaint about other companies is lack of communication so we made sure not to fall in that category. I would rather a customer be disappointed that we didn’t deliver on time than deliver a sub par product. We also reached out every step of the way.
Once we saw the inconsistencies of the kits we went back to the manufacturer and worked to address the issue. The next batch was better but still had some issues. We contacted you and told you that I refused to sell you that kit at full price. Why would I? It wasn’t up to my standards and not what you agreed to purchase. I even mentioned that if you really couldn’t wait for another attempt (which is totally understandable) we could send you the one we had at over 50% off or we could refund your money on this non refundable part. I thinks that’s pretty good customer service especially for custom, one off parts. At the end of the day, we did not deliver the product in the time promised that’s on us. I am sorry about that, truly. And that’s why we refunded your money 100% without you asking.

I think that was more than fair for him to do. Yeah it sucked having to wait but then again i would rather have a sorry, we'll just refund your money than receiving a faulty product and having the vendor move onto the next sale.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

In all fairness, I have never in my entire life found any carbon fiber parts for an nsx anywhere on earth without flaws with the exception of Carbon 6 mirrors. Even some of the procar stuff has it's issues. If you're looking for Italian super/hypercar quality parts, you have the wrong brand of car my friend. Just saying, it's almost expected in the nsx biz. You got your money back though, all is not unfair...

Delays are expected in pre-orders. I rather have the company up front and let you know the quality is not great. I’ve purchased CF interior parts from Stephen before that are of great quality.

This is really a review for the manufacturer.

Helix Carbon seems like they did a good job with customer service.

However, it is disappointing that you had to wait so long and I am sorry for that. Hopefully you are able to get your hands on a quality piece some day.

Back