• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello from a newbie in So Cal

Wow, congrats on your new ownership. I'm still pretty jealous of your canyon runs......(JC initially made me envious of this). :) Secondly, when we had the SESM close to me back in 2007, I was running my first NSX. We were divided into 5 groups based on speed. I was in the group next to the fastest. We had a Z06, a 911TT, and a Ford GT in our group. The 911TT led the pack, but the GT seemed lacking when it came to handling. Some of us were passing it in the corners. My question is this (since you own both): Was it just a bad driver in the GT or are they more straight line cars? I know this one had like 305s on the rear tires.

JC, I'll be close to you guys in November for SEMA!!! hint hint

I got your hint! Looks like we'll have to plan another drive. I sure don't need an excuse for one though.:biggrin:

Wow, congrats on your new ownership. I'm still pretty jealous of your canyon runs......(JC initially made me envious of this). :) Secondly, when we had the SESM close to me back in 2007, I was running my first NSX. We were divided into 5 groups based on speed. I was in the group next to the fastest. We had a Z06, a 911TT, and a Ford GT in our group. The 911TT led the pack, but the GT seemed lacking when it came to handling. Some of us were passing it in the corners. My question is this (since you own both): Was it just a bad driver in the GT or are they more straight line cars? I know this one had like 305s on the rear tires.

JC, I'll be close to you guys in November for SEMA!!! hint hint
Thanks for the welcoming msg. D1. GT in stock form is still very amazing albeit it's almost a decade old car. It's far apart from any American muscle/super car especially when it comes to handling and driving pleasure. It truly is an exotic and drives better than most of the Europe's finest. It can out handle just about any road going cars but wait until you throw a set of coilovers and Hoosiers on then it becomes a cornering weapon. I can't say for sure GT will out handle NSX stock for stock but I have no doubt it will. Both my GT and NSX have good amount of performance mods (not just power but handling and brakes) and I know my GT will do circles around my NSX at any given place. Most of GT owners I've seen only push 5 or 6/10th for many difference reasons and I'm sure that GT you saw in the canyon were't pushing hard. I stopped judging cars based on canyon and track performance when I saw 458 was getting passed by M3.

Last edited:
Ah ok. Thanks for the insight. I knew that their power to weight ratio was a lot better than our cars, but I didn't know how well it did in the corners. Yes, I've driven a 458 Italia quiet enthusiastically on some back roads around here.......They are monsters and they sound glorious :) A friend has had several F cars over the years and Ive ridden in his 360 and his 430, but for some reason, he threw me the keys to the 458 and told me to drive. FWIW and as you now know, the NSX seems to have an aura about it whether driving it or seeing it go by. There's just something about these cars.

I stopped judging cars based on canyon and track performance when I saw 458 was getting paased by M3.

This. I can't tell you how many people will buy an exotic and never really push it to even 8/10ths of it limits whether it be the lack of driver's skill and/or their fear of wadding it up.

Love the collection though. I will agree with you as well on the Ford GT. I've ridden in a TT-R8 and a bolt-on GT, I was more impressed with the GT. Do you plan on doing anything to the McLaren?

nice stable bro. ford GT yummy. but not for me I am not into cars that can literally pull the pavement off the road LOL and sling it into on coming cars LOL

nice but..... BATMANs may post cuz your car looks almost exactly like his. blacked out " murdered " nice

Back