• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello from Scotland

Hi,

Glad to see NSXPrime is still healthy.

We used to visit the site some years ago when we first got our NSX.

We have a silver 1992 Honda NSX, bought it in 2002.

Not done too many miles in it for a few years and it was becoming a very handy workbench in the garage for storing bits for our other cars on the big boot lid and spoiler, but this year we took it to the dragstrip in England (800 mile daytrip) for the MoPar Nationals (didn't run it on the track though) and used it last week as our wedding car and on our honeymoon.

It is still an astonishing machine.

Just fitted the Dali window thingies yesterday (which we bought about five years ago), so thanks to everyone on the old tech articles. It was pretty easy. the plastic clips were still good, but spreading. The metal tags were fine also.

Getting the Dali bits in was surprisingly easy (especially after reading all the tech articles). I removed the track and motor from each door and one person pulled the cable knob with needle nose pliers while the other pushed down on the track (perhaps flexing it and curving it slightly more). I also removed the two plastic cable guides to free up some more slack in the cables.

Fixed the front pax side spotlight (I don't think Acura NSX's have these), but the lens is so badly road rashed that it is almost opaque.

Had the local Honda dealer do the 72,000 mile service last August and change the cam belts. Found out that they cannot get R12 to recharge the a/c system.

Anyway, hopefully we will get more use out of the car from now on.

All the best
Sandy and Linda in Glasgow, Scotland

Good to hear from some one in Scotland. I had my first NSX when I lived in Scotland. It was black/black with the number plate 111NSX. If you've ever seen it, let me know. Always wondered what happened to her.

I lived on Great Western Road in Glasgow.

Cheers,

Hello and Welcome back!:smile:

I sure hope you have stopped the habit of using the deck lid of the NSX to store things.:wink:

Hello Sandy and Linda,

Greetings from Sierra Madre, CA (17 miles northeast on downtown Los Angeles). My wife was born in Scotland, but came to the US when she was 13. We may be vacationing in Scotland next year to visit my wife's relatives near Loch Lomond, I forget that exact town, possibly Balloch or Dumbarton.

When we land in Glasgow, I'll keep an eye out for your NSX.

Regards,

Mario & Sally

Good to hear from some one in Scotland. I had my first NSX when I lived in Scotland. It was black/black with the number plate 111NSX. If you've ever seen it, let me know. Always wondered what happened to her.

I lived on Great Western Road in Glasgow.

Cheers,
Good god, what have you not done, or where have you not been?:biggrin: Sounds like you've had a very intresting life.:wink:

Good god, what have you not done, or where have you not been?:biggrin: Sounds like you've had a very intresting life.:wink:

LOL. Thanks David. I have been extremely blessed in life. Honestly, every day I think about how lucky I've been and never take it for granted.:biggrin:

Doug

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome.

We live on the south side of Glasgow, but, being an Glasgow University graduate, I know the pubs on Great Western Road fairly well.

Have not seen many NSX's in Glasgow. The NSX approved Honda dealership had a couple at one stage, one blue exposed headlight model and one white. We looked at the blue one. Linda went for drive in it, but preferred her small wheel version (1992). The salesman then took ours for a drive and brought it back with a chipped windscreen which was annoying.

There is a red small wheel one over in Edinburgh which I see outside Lothian and Borders police HQ every time I am there (on business I hasten to add).

All the best
Sandy

Attachments

• Honda workbench.jpg
    Honda workbench.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 64
I had my NSX serviced at Phoenix Honda in Paisley. They had great service and I think they were the only place in Scotland that had certified NSX techs. They were really cool. Let me take a number of NSX vehicles for a drive. I remember driving a paddle shifter there.

I lived right across the street from One Devonshire Grardens on Great Western Road. Great flat. 20' ceilings and 15' windows, fantastic fireplace...

Great living there...

Yes, we had the NSX serviced at Phoenix Honda last August. We did the 72,000 service early to get the cam belts changed. They seem every good, although, they could not recharge the a/c system, presumably because it is R12 and has 'different' fittings. The service manager phoned me on my way home from dropping the car off telling me the a/c was weak, then couldn't charge it because of the R12, so I don't quite know how he knew it was 'weak' if he couldn't connect it up.

All the best
Sandy

Last edited:
Edinburgh or Stirling Castles are good. Edinburgh is good for tourist things with lots to see near the city centre, including the castle.

If you are in Glasgow and like art, there is the Burrell Collection. If you are near Glasgow University, the Transport Museum is quite good.

It really depends whereabouts you will be.

Typically, I know very little about nice things to see in my own country. You just take them for granted.

Enjoy your trip.

All the best
Sandy

Here is the NSX on our big day.

Attachments

• Vroom.jpg
    Vroom.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Vroom, vroom.jpg
    Vroom, vroom.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Honda.jpg
    Honda.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Gleneagles.jpg
    Gleneagles.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 47
Congratulations to you both. Enjoy the NSX and a lifetime of happiness with each other.

Congratulations :smile:

Hi and Congrats!

I sold a NSX radio unit to Scotland I believe but don't think it to you. :)

Back