• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hello. It's great to be here.

Hey guys. I just wanted to say what's up and I am about to be the proudest owner of a 2004 Silverstone within the week. Just gotta get out to texas to pick it up. Great site and glad to be joining the club. I've owned 3 S2000's and thought it was about time.

The silver one from Sterling McCall in Houston?

First to say congrats! :biggrin:

I've owned 3 S2000's and thought it was about time.
Yes, it is time. Welcome to Prime and congrats on your recent purchase. I guess you are driving it back home. Have a safe drive home, and expect to be stared at.:biggrin:

For all intents and purposes, a new NSX for the ride home. Man that must feel glorious! Welcome to the club. That will be one sweet ride home.

The silver one from Sterling McCall in Houston?

First to say congrats! :biggrin:

I took my NSX there when I bought it... Cant remember the name of the guy that looked at it.. David maybe? VERY knowledgeable about the NSX....

btw getting in and out of that area is a PITA if you're not familiar with how all those one way access roads are setup... :redface:

Yeah Sterling McCall is the place. Yeah im trading in my 06 laguna s, so im actually gonna trailer it there per there request so no driving it back unfortunately. I'm sure its gonna be killing me that i have to get back in my Tundra and drive all the way back when all i want to do is drive the car. Thanks for the welcome though. I'm still in a state of shock sort of.

Congrats!! Sounded like a super nice car.

Hello, 1st time poster...long time lurker! This is a great site with a wealth of info on the NSX.
I went to Houston last weekend and looked at this car. Have you been able to see the car in person? You may have had a local PRIME member take a look at it for you but just in case, here is what I observed...
The front bumper has been repainted and is peeling. Also, the passenger's door appears to have been hit and repainted. If you look down the car in the sunlight you can see what appears to be warping of the door and there is some over-spray on some of the window surrounds. There was also condensation in the trunk lid (this may be common, not sure). I did not bother them with a test drive but I did start the car and everything seemed fine. The interior looked good (AC blew cold) and the car has 4 very new tires. The left rear wheel has what appears to be a an inch long gouge in it. All the other wheels looked fine. Also, all the panels appeared to have matching serial numbers. The salesperson said they were asking $69000 (they had it on cars.com and autotrader for $67000 which is where I also saw the CARFAX which showed no accidents or problems and the original owner was registered in Georgia if I recall correctly). The salesperson said it came from Oklahoma?
Anyway, I'm not sure what deal you've negotiated but just wanted to give a fellow PRIME member a heads-up on what I saw in my brief visit. Let me finish by saying I am not an expert by any means but after about 2 years of lurking on this board you get to learn a lot! Hope this was helpful!

thanks for the info man. i did work them pretty good on the deal.

Congrats! You'll love the NSX.

I recently sold my 07 S and I sort of regret it as it was an awesome daily driver (needed a truck though).

Be careful towing her home as one other member had his 04 LBBP NSX and Trailer stolen from his hotel while he was sleeping!

I'd drive all night long if I had to with short sleep stops along the way. I wonder how many time you'll be staring in the rear view mirror on the way home? haha...

Way to go!

yeah i thought of that and my plan is to be there early in the morning, sign paperwork and drive straight home. if they steal the s the night before however then no worries, insurance is wonderful and will probably make me money! haha

Congrats on your purchase. I am also in Atlanta and we were all suppose to goto the Varsity tonight but I think the rain will prevent that from happening.

I should be picking my NSX up from the body shop (New CF Hood, Wing and other stuff) this afternoon and I will trailer it home to get it ready to put it into the AJC Atlanta International Auto Show in two weeks.

PM me if you want to get together. We need to get an Atlanta meet together real soon.

Be safe bringing your new baby home.

Congratulation and welcome at NSX PRIME, your purchase will make you a very happy man :smile: , are careful because, it is always necessary to have an eye on the car… like a jewel of value, I wish you good road with your NSX! :smile:

Congratulations and welcome to to our forum.

lets hope so. For now i just want to get the car. im trying to hold it in but couldn't wait. wasn't supposed to go for another week or so but told my boss that i will be going this tomorrow and will be back tuesday. fire me. don't care if the car was sold out from underneath me. so....820 miles of driving tomorrow towing an s2000 should be fun. Then get to do it all over again monday but i'm sure my mood will be better on the way back due to the cargo.:biggrin:

I had to tow the s2000 to the dealer in houston and then load up the NSX and return. I had 2 days to do it and i just got back a couple of hours ago. 1700 miles since sunday morning is GREAT:rolleyes: let me tell you. Anyways, i really have no words on how i feel right now. i cant even go to bed and have to get up in 3 hours. i sat in the garage for 30 minutes when i got it home just looking at it. couldn't help myself. dumb question...is it ok to take the cover of the engine for extended periods of time or what? i didn't see a post about it probably because its a dumb question.

you mean the engine cover/targa top holder? yes, just dont put the targa top in there without it:wink:

you can also buy a new engine cover with vents/plexiglass/carbon fiber in lots of different formations, check out scienceofspeed.com

I had to tow the s2000 to the dealer in houston and then load up the NSX and return. I had 2 days to do it and i just got back a couple of hours ago. 1700 miles since sunday morning is GREAT:rolleyes: let me tell you. Anyways, i really have no words on how i feel right now. i cant even go to bed and have to get up in 3 hours. i sat in the garage for 30 minutes when i got it home just looking at it. couldn't help myself. dumb question...is it ok to take the cover of the engine for extended periods of time or what? i didn't see a post about it probably because its a dumb question.

Also make sure if you have rear window tint, it is of good quality. If not the additional heat will cause bubbling.

I think I'd probably spend 60 considering how bad I want one :p. WHy isn't summer coming any quicker ;-P.

Congrats, do post pics.

Welcome. You have made the best purchase of your life. It only gets better.
Soon you will own 3 NSX's. It is a sickness you can't wipe off!!
NSXXXTC

Back