• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! It’s Monday night and my car is in bits

I knew I should have waited until the weekend but..

I have my driver door panel removed and I’m trying to remove the rear sash to get at the window guide and the Manual says on page 20-8 remove the rear sash and disconnect the latch rod but I can’t pull the latch rod out. It wont budge. Do I have to pull it really hard or is it different on a 94. I’m using the 91 manual on Prime.

Thanks,

Patrick

91 and 94 are the same. The rod comes out REALLY hard. A drop of silicone will help. The bushing that the rod snaps into expands when the rod goes in, like a sheet rock butterfly, but not quite as dramatic.

Quite frankly, the whole sash removal and re-install is a real PITA.

Good Luck,
MB

NSXTech said:
91 and 94 are the same. The rod comes out REALLY hard. A drop of silicone will help. The bushing that the rod snaps into expands when the rod goes in, like a sheet rock butterfly, but not quite as dramatic.

Quite frankly, the whole sash removal and re-install is a real PITA.

Good Luck,
MB

OK cool. Now I will have the confidence to pull on it until it comes out. Thanks for the answer. I will work on it for a few hours before I go to work tomorrow.

I removed the front sash already.
It looks like the plastic blocks that slide up and down the guides are worn out and allowing the little metal screw that keeps them in place to make contact with the slide and jam. I will order replacement ones in the morning and then get it all greased up good.

Regards,

Patrick

Back