• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help me on allignment please !!

Hello my friends.
I'm Pedro fron Portugal and i'm having a problem.
After reading lots of topics about this subject i'm here to ask for your hel about my alignment recently done.
My previous car was an S2000 and i've noticed lot's of diference between the steering response and handling of them both.
My NSX has an understeer problem and i don't know what to do to correct that.It's a 93 NSx with honi sport and OEM springs (considering putting tein springs next week or so if it make's my ride better)
I use the car as fun car.It's not a daily driver and when i use it i want to have fun.Im not very concerned about the durability of the tyres.I just want go get rid of the understeer problem.
MY car has in the front 205/45 -16 and 255/40-17 in the rear.(till last week it had 215/40-16 in the front and same problem)
In the front i have BF goddrich G-Force profiler.
The koni is in full stiffness in the rear and almost full stiff in the front (1/4 of a turn to full stiff)

Here is my allignment and please comment to help me because i'm getting crazy about this

Front: Left / Right
Camber: -1.18 -1.12
Toe: -0.03 -0.03
Total Toe: -0.06

Rear: Left / Right
Camber: -2.12 -1.54
Toe: 0.15 0.18
Total toe: 0.33

I dont know why i don't have any Caster values, the caster line is blank.:eek:

Hope you can help me

Thanks

Last edited:
Soften the Koni dampers in the rear. If that still doesn't work you can try removing the rear swaybar all together. If you are having oversteer problems than you have two choices, stiffen the front and/or soften the rear.

Your Left and Right rear camber settings are pretty far off from each other. :confused:

And once again, I have to wonder how people are able to discern that the car is oversteering with street driving? You have to be pushing the car pretty damn hard to get oversteer. Power oversteer is something different and if that is the case, it's your right foot that needs adjustment not the car!

Last edited:
Sorry but it's not oversteer it's understeer.

I was thinking in one thing and wrote another.
My problem is the front (understeer).

And i notice it harder in track events, my front behaves almost like a FWD car.

Last edited:
Ok, lets try and get a little more specific....

Is it understeering at turn in or mid corner?

If you are coming up to the corner, you turn in towards the apex and car wants to push?
Mid turn understeer - car turns in fine, you hit the apex and the car starts to push to the outside even though you are not hard on the throttle?
Turn in can be helped by more toe in the front. As well, softening the front dampers.
Mid turn understeer can be helped by bigger anti-roll bar and/or stiffer springs. Also more front camber will help too.

You have almost no toe in the front. This saves the tire wear, but will reduce the car's turn in ability. Go back to factory specs for total toe in the front. Your front camber settings are decent for a combo street/track setup, so I don't think that's a major problem.

Last edited:
You can try moving the front shocks to a softer setting.

Where are you getting understeer? Entry, steady-state (middle of the corner), exit, or all the way around?

And what is your toe unit of measure? Degrees, mm, or inches?

Ok, lets try and get a little more specific....

Is it understeering at turn in or mid corner?

If you are coming up to the corner, you turn in towards the apex and car wants to push?
Mid turn understeer - car turns in fine, you hit the apex and the car starts to push to the outside even though you are not hard on the throttle?
Turn in can be helped by more toe in the front. As well, softening the front dampers.
Mid turn understeer can be helped by bigger anti-roll bar and/or stiffer springs. Also more front camber will help too.

You have almost no toe in the front. This saves the tire wear, but will reduce the car's turn in ability. Go back to factory specs for total toe in the front. Your front camber settings are decent for a combo street/track setup, so I don't think that's a major problem.

CL65 thanks very much for the help.You're really helping me.

I feel understeer in both conditions but a bit more when i step the gas. Also the steering response isn't good.

Turn in can be helped by more toe in the front.

mmm.....I think this is reverse. Better turn in is why the front has purposely dialed-in toe-out.

The NSX understeers because is was designed to. Now put the Comptech Pro suspension on it with STIFFER springs in the front, and that will make the car more neutral. As is evidenced in that CL65 Captain has that setup;). Also if you look at the NSX-R suspension spring rates, they are also stiffer in the front. Honda knows:):).

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
yea, that's what I meant... toe out. I was actually referring to "putting more toe in" as in adding more toe (out) - since he has none. :cool:

Do you have different tires in the rear? If you do, and the tires in the rear have better traction than the tires in the front, that can cause understeer.

I've allready try'd putting same tires if all four corners.It feels the same.

Back