• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help please! Wrinkled door switch, foil wrapped, trim ?solutions/replacement parts?

Help please! I am working to get my 96 NSX back into excellent shape, and need a solution for the wrinkled door switch trim pieces.

Finally both passenger and drivers side trim pieces have developed wrinkled and cracked surfaces. The driver's door piece is still available from OEM parts suppliers, but the passenger side is "discontinued". I can't seem to find a passenger side oem replacement anywhere for the door trim piece that holds the switches for the power windows and locks.
I don't really want to put a carbon fiber sticker on the surface of these plates, and would prefer to keep the car stock or "stock look ". The center console still looks fine and I would like the door switch assembly pieces to match cosmetically.

?suggestions?

Thanks for sharing your experience and connections.

I found these guys on line. Never had anything done by them, but it appears they do quality work. Check out Stickynomore.com.

Thanks .
This looks promising!
I just sent an inquiry to Sticky no more, requesting a cost estimate to fix both door switchplates.
I will repost when I get an answer.

If you are savy to it, check out instagram with the hashtag #nsx and you will find a lot of owners have had theirs refurbished.

I was able to pressure wash that foil stuff off of most of the plastic. Saved me much time. Be careful how much pressure you use, and how you shoot it. Carefully secure the items at several places while shooting, or the pressure washer might twist and break them.

Back