• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help removing trans and.....

Can someone give me a link to the online honda manual to remove my trans. Im doing this with the cradle in the car as its on jack stands.

Also whats the best way to get old rusted rotor screws and the dimpled axle (hub) nut? I need help as im trying to get these off.

Can someone please help me with the link. Im limited for time.

thought you had your tranny all taken care of :confused:

give me your email address, i'll send a manual over.

thought you had your tranny all taken care of :confused:

give me your email address, i'll send a manual over.

I pulled the trans I bought from kyle apart and the specs were all pretty good. Haven't gotten the trans out of the car. Its been a real B#tch without no 220 in the new garage and no air compressor.

I pulled the trans I bought from kyle apart and the specs were all pretty good. Haven't gotten the trans out of the car. Its been a real B#tch without no 220 in the new garage and no air compressor.

220 = 2x110.... from what i understand.

i wired up my own lift, compressor, dyno and they work great. :biggrin:

go and google 220v online and you'll get the picture of the general concept then go and wire it up.

220 = 2x110.... from what i understand.

i wired up my own lift, compressor, dyno and they work great. :biggrin:

go and google 220v online and you'll get the picture of the general concept then go and wire it up.

Yes 220=2x110. Simple mathematical equation:wink:

In a typical American household, 220 comes into the main panel, 1/2 is +110 and the other 1/2 is -110 (figuratively) when measured to ground or neutral. The appliances that use 220 get both sides w/o neutral and operate on the full 220v. The standard outlets get 1/2 on alternating sides of the breaker panel.
The trick to getting 220 is finding which 2 outlets are on opposite sides of the breaker bus. Wiring across the 2 would yield 220, but would probably be violating the National Electrical Code, and / or local code.

As a side note, my Texas house has a cover plate by the hot water heater, which is natural gas. I did a bit of looking and found the house was wired for an electric water heater, so I have a 220 circuit to my garage, if I ever need it. Of course I'm now living in Seattle so it does me no good.

nsxtcy85,

Did you get the gearbox out? When I pulled mine, I ended up not removing the exhaust; and unbolted the intermediate housing from the block, and separating the 2 on the bench. Reassmebly involved putting the outer shaft into the fridge to get the bearing to shrink. Slipped right in when I was reinstalling.

Miner

Back