• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help!! Taillights stay on......

The taillights on my 92 blk/blk stayed on one day after I parked it and only by disconnecting the battery am I able to turn them off. About a year ago my car was broken into and the stereo and was ripped out. The local Acura dealer here has made a number of "repairs" at my expense. The recent problem started about 2-3 months ago when I went to start my car and the alarm went of and it refused to start. It was towed to the dealer and after another $600.00; trouble shooting, replaced 120 amp fuse and pcmfi main relay (9557 CPA), It was OK for about a week and then it wouldn't start again. After going over everything myself I noticed the positive battery cable was corroded and replaced that. All was well until now the taillights are on eternal burn. I checked everything I know but after countless hours I am still at square one. With that I am optimistic that the NSX brain trust will will provide the solution as only you guys can. Thanks. :confused:

mspears said:
The recent problem started about 2-3 months ago when I went to start my car and the alarm went of and it refused to start. It was towed to the dealer and after another $600.00;

I had same exact alarm problem once before, accidently triggerd the alarm, and it went off, could not start the car no matter what I did. Rearmed and disarmed the alarm via romote countless times, still would not start even after alarm had been disarmed.

I then unlocked the door using the key instead of remote, and car started no problem.

Thanks I will try the suggestions...never know I could get lucky. But if that doesn't work then I am glad that their is someone else qualified to work on the NSX. Service from the dealership hasn't been good for awhile...sort of hit or miss.

Thanks again and I will update on the outcome. :smile:

mspears said:
Thanks I will try the suggestions...never know I could get lucky. But if that doesn't work then I am glad that their is someone else qualified to work on the NSX. Service from the dealership hasn't been good for awhile...sort of hit or miss.

Thanks again and I will update on the outcome. :smile:

Check the brake switch before you take it anywhere, pretty common on Hondas. Any Master Honda/Acura tech should be plenty qualified to work on an NSX. It's not rocket science or anything....

I couldn't agree more that any mechanic/tech versed w/ honda-acura should have no trouble fixing the machine. My experience is the local Acura dealer fails frequently to diagnose the problem correctly or thouroughly, replaces some parts resulting in a return trip and more expense.Unfortunately,the dealership is more about billing for repairs, needed or not, than fixing the source of a problem.

The brake switch is that the item by the pedal? about the size of a cigarrette lighter?

Back