• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with aftermarket wheel and horn!!!!!

OK

I have the Sparco wheel and quick release hub. The horn does not sound but when the factory alarm goes off it sounds, so I know the horn is functional.

In lamens terms, what do I need to do???

I have a yellow plug with three pins coming from inside the hub. From the back of the stering wheel is one wire with a female adapter. That is all I have.

Please tell me what to do so as I can get my car inspected!!!!

Thanks so much guys! Oh and I did a search and found a few hits but nothing that really helped me too much.

Thanks! But what are the steps for doing this? The only plug I see is the yellow one with the 3 pins in it. Do I need to dig deeper in the dash to access other plugs???

Im clueless here.

I did find that I have a good connection as far as the horn button to the female connecter exiting the steering wheel assembly, if that makes sence. Also, I have no hot going to the horn relay in the front relay box. Should I? Which fuses should I check if any?

Thanks again guys, any help is greatly appreciated.

Patrick

loNfastNSX said:
OK. So lets see if I got this right

Connect female adapter to pin 1

That picture only shows 3-pins inside so you need to find a jumper to connect pin 1 and 3 so the srs light turn off. Now you need to find another connector that has 4-pins inside.

AndyH said:
That picture only shows 3-pins inside so you need to find a jumper to connect pin 1 and 3 so the srs light turn off. Now you need to find another connector that has 4-pins inside.

where exactly do I find a 4 pin connector at??? I checked the #45 fuse and it was good. I then checked the relay switch and it was good, however, I was getting a ground at all four terminals on the relay female side. I tried to wire just pins 1 & 3 together and nothing.

Any thing else I should try?

Thanks guys for all the replies thus far, I am going to redo everyones suggestions again for good measure.

I don't know what year is your car is but you should be able to find 3 connector after you take out the factory steering wheel. 1 3-pin connector, 1 connector for the horn and 1 4-pin connector for cruise control.

loNfastNSX said:
where exactly do I find a 4 pin connector at??? I checked the #45 fuse and it was good. I then checked the relay switch and it was good, however, I was getting a ground at all four terminals on the relay female side. I tried to wire just pins 1 & 3 together and nothing.

Any thing else I should try?

Thanks guys for all the replies thus far, I am going to redo everyones suggestions again for good measure.

its a 91. I only see the yellow 3 pin connector. I didn't do the install so I dont know what was behind there at the time of removal. The yellow 3 pin wire connects to what looks like a thick black ribbon running down the stearing colomn. Im so lost! :confused:

I may be wrong, but isn't that 3-P connector coming from the reel the air bag connector? The single lead coming from the back side of the cruise set/resume is the horn.

The diagram from my site show the lower 6-P connector disconnected from the cable reel. If you are maintaining the reel, then look at page 23-343 of the Service Manual and you should see all the connections you need.

Have a fine day.

Wow! Thanks for going through the trouble Andy! I guess the shop that did the instad removed those connectors or I am not digging far enough. I never took the whole hub off down to the cable real. They may be stuffed back there somewhere, Ill check it out and see.

Again, Thanks Andy!

Whoa! If someone actually cut those off the reel, they should be wrapped in barbed wire and drug behind a pickup truck in Texas.

Seriously, either the reel should be removed intact or left inplace and intact, but as the leads you need are gone, now you have to take it out and do my coiled wire technique starting from the 6-P connector near the base of the steering column.

Back