• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with Radio code.

I have bought an import nsx from Japan. I have the radio serial numbers. How do I get the code. The online code retrieval web sites don't recognize the Japanese Vin Number. NA1 1001581

I have bought an import nsx from Japan. I have the radio serial numbers. How do I get the code. The online code retrieval web sites don't recognize the Japanese Vin Number. NA1 1001581
I would reach out to Marc @MITA Motorsports. You may need access to the JDM dealer network to retrieve the code, since the radio is different for the JDM cars and it's not likely that US Acura will have access.

Are radio codes for the NSX a Japanese market thing? The radios in the North American market NSX do not use a radio code. The only security feature is a ground pass through connection to the security system which presumably sets off the alarm if the head unit is removed.

Are radio codes for the NSX a Japanese market thing? The radios in the North American market NSX do not use a radio code. The only security feature is a ground pass through connection to the security system which presumably sets off the alarm if the head unit is removed.
My understanding is that the JDM radios are different from the USDM ones in that they have a different frequency tuning range to align with Japanese radio frequencies. Not sure about the radio code, but a Japan Honda dealer would be able to answer pretty quickly.

My JDM NSX head unit doesn’t require a code to operate - what are you trying to do and why do you think you need a code?
Maybe the unit needs attention to get it working - it will need a frequency expander to receive FM broadcasts in most countries outside Japan.

The pin-out is fundamentally the same as a North American market NSX head unit with the exception that it lacks the security system pass through of the NA cars. The security system pass through is on those two pins marked nc on the JDM radio.

Is the head unit completely dead or you just can't get radio reception? The FM range in North America is 88 - 108 Mhz. The JDM radio is 76-90 Mhz so unless you can find a station between 88-90 Mhz you are going to receive nada on FM. The AM should work.

Given the vintage of the car, there are lots of things that can disable an NSX stereo system. Do you have a maintenance history indicating that the stereo system has been restored? Given the chronic problems with capacitor failure, it is entirely possible that all the amplifiers are dead and the head unit may also have damage.

I've had codes on older civic JDM radios that I installed. I had a front dome light from a JDM wagon that actually had a holder for the 'radio code card'. Not sure about NSX stuff, but Honda has done it in the past for sure.

Honda does do stereo codes, rare on JDM though because they don't have a crime problem.

While the NA NSX radio was made in small batches, I don't know of any them requiring codes. It is doubtful this is the case.

What is likely is that the radio and/or amp is faulty.

Where are you located @capo635?

Honda does do stereo codes, rare on JDM though because they don't have a crime problem.

While the NA NSX radio was made in small batches, I don't know of any them requiring codes. It is doubtful this is the case.

What is likely is that the radio and/or amp is faulty.

Where are you located @capo635?
Im In Adelaide South Australia

Back