• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with reading the ALB TCS error codes

Hi Guys,

Very new to the Forum. I recently purchased a 1991 JDM NA1. My knowledge of the car is very limited.

The ALB and TCS lights are off when I start the engine. Everything looks normal. After 1 min after I start to accelarate the car, the ALB light flash and TCS light follows. The car is struggling to move. After both ALB and TCS light stabled (on), my car drives well.

I read the forum about using the SCS connector (paper clip method) to look up the errors. Here were we I got.

1. I think the TCS error code is 44, this may point to the rear right wheel speed sensor?
2. I am not sure about the ALB flashing code.
3. If it is the rear right speed sensor, anyone can let me know the replacment part number?

Anyone experienced please help me. Thank you very much

https://youtu.be/vs7ZRlPTkgA[video=youtube_share;vs7ZRlPTkgA]

The ALB light is also flashing code 44 - right rear wheel sensor. The ALB does not use long flashes for the first digit. Both digits are short flashes with a 1 second pause between digits and a 5 second pause to separate it from the next error code. I don't know why they didn't use the long and short flash mix; but, that is just the way it is.

The sensor is part #31 in this diagram

Rear Lower Arm for 1991 Acura NSX | OEM Parts Online

You may or may not be able to get it for less from Amayama.com in Japan. That will depend on shipping costs which are still in flux. It will also depend on how big of a hurry you are (if the part is actually in stock in the US).

You can check to confirm that it is the sensor by unplugging at the opposite end of the sensor and measuring the resistance of the sensor. It should read 750 - 1200 ohms. A lot less and there is a short. A lot more and you have a bad / broken connection. Both conditions equal a trip to the garbage can. Getting the faulty sensor out will likely be a fun exercise because of corrosion.

Since you are a new owner, if you haven't done it already get a copy of the 1991 service manual. Paper is best (IMO); but, free .pdf versions are available. Just use 'service manual' in the search bar and you should get some hits with links to the service manual.

The ALB light is also flashing code 44 - right rear wheel sensor. The ALB does not use long flashes for the first digit. Both digits are short flashes with a 1 second pause between digits and a 5 second pause to separate it from the next error code. I don't know why they didn't use the long and short flash mix; but, that is just the way it is.

The sensor is part #31 in this diagram

Rear Lower Arm for 1991 Acura NSX | OEM Parts Online

You may or may not be able to get it for less from Amayama.com in Japan. That will depend on shipping costs which are still in flux. It will also depend on how big of a hurry you are (if the part is actually in stock in the US).

You can check to confirm that it is the sensor by unplugging at the opposite end of the sensor and measuring the resistance of the sensor. It should read 750 - 1200 ohms. A lot less and there is a short. A lot more and you have a bad / broken connection. Both conditions equal a trip to the garbage can. Getting the faulty sensor out will likely be a fun exercise because of corrosion.

Since you are a new owner, if you haven't done it already get a copy of the 1991 service manual. Paper is best (IMO); but, free .pdf versions are available. Just use 'service manual' in the search bar and you should get some hits with links to the service manual.

Thank you so much for your help. I down loaded the Manual and started to look around the in the car yesterday. I think I may solved the problem. I found there is a white 20 pin connector in the boot. I pushed around all the wires. When I started car again. everything became normal every after I drove the car for about 10 min. Today, I drove the car again. No ALB and TCS light came back. It must be some bad connection in this 20P connector. No sure which wire, but it worked for now. Finger cross it will never come back.

Thank agaion Old guy for your help.

Thanks [MENTION=26435]Old Guy[/MENTION] for the detailed explainations.

I think I might fix the problems somehow by pushing a few time of 20P white connector in the boot.

I droved a couple of time, no ALB and TCS come on again once I start to drive. Finger crossed. It will stay this way.

Back