• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with starting sleeping giant

Could you guys please give me advice on how to properly start my NSX after being stored 7 months for the winter. I am in college and don't live at home to be able to start it every month. So now I have to try to start it after sitting that long. What about pulling the coil wire? How hard is the plugs to get to in order to get some oil on the cylinder walls? Or should I just fire it right up. Thanks

You know for 9 years I've just started mine in the spring. Someone told me maybe to pull the plug wires so it won't fire and that will get some oil moviing through the motor, any comments about that?

In my old 93 Ford Ranger I used Slick 50 and it seemed to really work, I'm a little scared to try it in a high performance motor like in the NSX. Has anyone else used it?

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 25 February 2001).]

Mine sits for five months every winter. The only thing special I do is to plug in a battery tender (one of those chargers that monitors the charge on the battery, recharges if it goes below a certain point, then shuts off when it's fully charged).

Every spring, I just start it up. I haven't had any problems with this routine.

The brakes aren't all that effective the first few stops, when the rust is being ground off the face of the rotors, but after that they're fine.

Back