• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with tire pressure settings

Can anyone please tell me what the OEM tire pressure setings are for 1999 spec wheels with OEM Bridgestones? I looked in the fact section and cannot seem to locate the info. Thanks

33 psi front, 40 rear for all years. It's noted in the owner's manual and on the car itself (either on the door jamb or in the glove compartment).

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 05 February 2002).]

I'm not an expert(only my second set of tires), but I'm running mine a couple lbs shy this go around. The original tires wore out down the center couple of inches, like they were a bit over-inflated. If they wore even I may have gotten 6-7k out of them, instead of just 5k.

------------------
01' NSX-T Silverstone
02' Chevy Avalanche 1500
00' Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300
02' Honda VTX-1800

Sorry, should have been a little more specific. I have a 1992 NSX but with 1999 spec wheels and tires. Nsxtacy I did not know that the pressure was the same for all years? I surely thought the pressure would have changed with the wheel and tire size from my 1992. Thanks for the info.

Factory recommended pressure is indeed the same for all years.

In my experience, factory pressure is meant for spirited driving. If you put a lot of Insterstate or general cruising miles on the car as opposed to track events or very spirited back-road driving, you will probably get more even tire wear if you reduce it about 10% front and rear.

I agree for the rear, but I'm not so sure about the front.

Tire wear is a good guide to inflation pressure. If tires wear more in the center, then you can reduce the pressure for more even wear. If tires wear more on both edges, then you can increase the pressure for more even wear.

With lots of highway miles and/or relatively sedate driving patterns, the front tires have a tendency to wear the inside edge of the tire faster than the rest of the tread. This tendency can be reduced with the alignment (by reducing toe) but I think reducing the pressure in the front could make this problem worse.

That's why I would be hesitant to reduce the pressure in the front for those who don't drive their cars with gusto.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 05 February 2002).]

Back