• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help with wheels and tires for my 91

I have a 91 NSX that’s been asleep for 3-4 years and need help with tire choice.. my question is .. is it worth more for resale with the original wheels and tires or aftermarket wheels and tires..right now I have 275/30ZR19 on the rear and 215/35ZR18 on the front..I’m having trouble finding the same tires.. I need new tires and wonder which way to go? Any thoughts? Off tire subject but someone stole the front hood emblem and would anyone know where I can find a replacement? I’m excited because Science of Speed just finished getting the motor in shape.. Thank you.. I haven’t posted in a long time so bare with me..

Having run both 17/18's and the stock wheels, the former look better but the latter FEEL better....the car is just more engaging with the original setup.

Having run both 17/18's and the stock wheels, the former look better but the latter FEEL better....the car is just more engaging with the original setup.

Could you expand on this a little bit? I've been debating moving up to the SOS 17/18 package, for looks and also some more rubber underfoot, but interested in your thoughts. Are you talking about the fat 5s?

Could you expand on this a little bit? I've been debating moving up to the SOS 17/18 package, for looks and also some more rubber underfoot, but interested in your thoughts. Are you talking about the fat 5s?

Yes, fat 5's!

When we got our NSX the very 1st thing I wanted to do was install better looking wheels, so went with a staggered 17/18 setup.
Mission accomplished, the car looked much better with a split 5-spoke wheelset and more rubber.
BUT, that came at the cost of some lightness/liveliness in the steering feel. Many years later we installed new tires on the stock fat 5's, and were frankly surprised at how much more engaging the driving was.
The original wheels are forged Enkei's, and about as strong and light as any out there.....and what the heck, their old school look has since grown on me after all :cool:

what was once old is new again...

Back