• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Here it as right now....

It's a 1992 that I've owned for since 1997. It was black originally.

Custom paint with true flames (aka true fire or live fire), wheels, custom exhaust, ram scoop (SOS), KN filter, short gears with rebuilt tranny (due to manufacture problem). Lambo doors, side skirts, deck lid, hood, spats, front bumper (three piece) molded for no seams. Tinted tail lights, side lights, turn signals.

The main kit was from SOS and the deck lid was the last one I could find in the country.

Paint was done four years ago by my guys.

NOW.... THE NEW STUFF GOING ON THIS WINTER.....

Step...

1) Lexan hatch with scoop from SOS. I'm going to use the existing frame, after talking with my window installer.
2) ITB system. Again from SOS. I like their design and quality. We debated about doing the twin turbo or the supercharger but my shop is more about "bling" (so I'm old and use old terms LOL) so we picked the ITB's and Lexan hatch. We will be using our Chip Magic® spray on clear bra tinted so it won't scratch as much.

3) You'll have to stay tuned for the nex steps....

Last edited:
At nsxpo ontario a fellow brought his car with a custom flames paint that could only be seen from certain angles depending on light level The paint color was kinda cherry coke like....interresting to say the least.

We have done a few similar in that the flames or stripes can only be seen at a certain angle or flop. A couple of motorcycles and a few cars.

Most people want the custom painting to pop and not be ghosted.

J

Re: Here it as right now....VERY SAD>>>>

VERY, VERY SAD....

Called to order the Lexan hatch and FRP scoop from SOS. None in stock and they aren't even sure IF they are going to make more. I offered to lease or buy the molds "No way will we do that." I had a manufacturer already set up in Colorado that would produce them. :mad::confused:

Also was about ready to order the ITB's from SOS. Turns out that by the time you got all the "stuff" it was about $7,500. They don't sell a complete turn-key kit. This kind of money for 41 HP and 61FTLBS or torque it is now very doubtful. Next option was the SOS supercharger. By the time all is said and done we're talking about $12K-$13K. The twin turbo is the next option BUT being we are a body shop and custom paint shop the turbo is questionable because it seems to be designed VERY WELL but way too "stealth." This would be great for a sleeper build but my NSX doesn't come off as a sleeper or stealth car to begin with.

I did finally find a Lexan hatch with scoop from Dali Racing BUT they don't have ITB's.

I found another set of ITB's from TODA but they are $12K.

WOW. so MUCH money for so little gain.....

Last edited:
I popped over to your website to have a look at the work you have done - some really great stuff!

I do have to ask though - why did you put the photos up as GIF? They all have a grainy look to them that takes away from your paint finish quality. Going with JPG would give your photos a much smoother look and let people get a real feel for the gloss look on the photos. I would highly recommend using that for future photos.

Just my two cents that I thought I would share from a graphic designer.

I zoomed in on your image and took a screenshot to show you what I mean - see attached.

Attachments

• nsxGIF.jpg
    nsxGIF.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 389
I think a turbo would be an excellent way to go...

:wink:

xx

ry%3D480

EAC I think thats the " skulls " NSX i was thinking about

oh my god

I would drive a Civic before i drove that

But i must say the OP's flames dont look that bad

not so good on an NSX but maybe on a 75 corvette

Last edited:
"I'd gladly trade all that I know for all that I don't Know"

I thought I did post the JPG files except for my main picture. The GIF is the only way I could get is small enough.

I will try better.

Shawn,

I would (almost) drive an American car before I drove that.......*thinking about it*..................... naaaaaaaaaaaaa!

"I'd gladly trade all that I know for all that I don't Know"

I thought I did post the JPG files except for my main picture. The GIF is the only way I could get is small enough.

I will try better.

Perhaps they got converted by your web host? I have heard that rumor from people that GIF files are smaller than JPG files and it quite simply isn't true, so don't let any web person tell you otherwise. You can select the image quality to adjust JPG file sizes around.

If you run in to problems, I am more than happy to take your original photos and convert them all to web friendly sized JPGs for you to get things started. Its a quick process for me.

Re: Here it as right now....(pictures)

Sorry people,

I am new to the forum stuff and posted the pictures on my profile.

And yes, I know they are too small so I am working on that also.

Here are a few that "should" fit the size and they are .jpg now.

NSX_20111001_007.jpg

NSX_20111001_061.jpg

Re: Here it as right now.... Order the Lexan Hatch and scoop

Ok! Now I'm gettin' a little excited...

I ordered the Lexan hatch and scoop from daliracing.com. Based on if the car is still drivable in light rain, then I will decide about the ITB’s , supercharger, or twin turbo.
Of course interior redo is required before anything else.
On Dali Racing, Mark has a GREAT sense of humor and will banter quite well.
In today’s bad economy and with everyone on edge Mark’s outgoing attitude is refreshing.
:biggrin:

Back