• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

High output horn installation

Has anyone installed a high output horn sold by AM auto parts? They don’t come with instructions and their so called customer service is poor. They don’t get back to you. Here is the link to the part on their website.

I noticed there are two horns in the front, one near the driver side headlights and the other I think by the front bumper. Or is there only one horn?

https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/horns/AM-12257611.html

So there are 3 total in the car? They all work in unison? Can the one I purchased replace all 3 OEMs and is the one I have a type of air horn?

Yes, 3 total and work in unison.

The one you purchased can in theory replace any one of your existing horns. If you want to replace them all, you'll need 3.

The one you purchased is not an air horn.

You can either purchase the correct factory connectors as detailed in the thread I linked or you can splice into or cut your existing connector/wires. Each horn only has 2 wires (+ and -). It's a very basic install but if you don't know what you're doing I'd recommend asking a friend to help.

that type of horn is usually fitted as a pair, one high tone, the other low tone for a better overall effect.

Back