• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

home entertainment systems..

I thought it might be nice to have members so inclined to describe their at home arrangements..

We have our internet and most content through comcast. The backbone of our system is Tivo. We also have apple TV piggybacked for faster apps. Our network is an araknis system.Our music is through sonos...How bout you?

I thought it might be nice to have members so inclined to describe their at home arrangements..

We have our internet and most content through comcast. The backbone of our system is Tivo. We also have apple TV piggybacked for faster apps. Our network is an araknis system.Our music is through sonos...How bout you?

I have a transistor radio, that I listen to. I have a black and white TV with Rabbit ears, I do have my Atari with Pong on it, so I'm modern!!

.are those punch cards in your pocket or.............:tongue:

I have a transistor radio, that I listen to. I have a black and white TV with Rabbit ears, I do have my Atari with Pong on it, so I'm modern!!

I would have thought you still play with marbles.

.or pocket pool...............

I have a 55” TV with satellite, and a Bose 5 channel surround system for the family room and a vintage analog stereo in the living room. In my current home remodel (after a flood) in moving the living room stereo to under the stair, and have added speaker wiring to the backyard, garage and upstairs (future upgrade).

thanks for getting us back on track!

33608920-BA5E-40B4-A9DB-363554F16A03.jpg

F2E66609-BF4C-439C-9078-8C10A835B8BC.jpg

Indoor and outdoor theaters- Epson 4K projector playing either dvds or streaming Netflix/Amazon/Disney/Hulu/Apple Tv+ in addition to Bang and Olufsen system

Attachments

• A746C48C-059B-41A7-BAA7-ECFA6F6CA72B.jpg
    A746C48C-059B-41A7-BAA7-ECFA6F6CA72B.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
My system

I have a bit of an audio obsession. I have a media room for movies and two channel music, but a majority of my money is in two channel music. The following is a list of the various components:

Bryston 28B Cubed Monoblock amps with Sound Anchor stands, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryston SP3 Processor, JL Audio CR-1 Sub Crossover, PS Audio P15 power regenerator with Stillpoint Ultra SS, DirectStream DAC(Windom release) and PWT, Aurender N10 music server/streamer with Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable and RevOpod footers, TAD CR-1(mains) with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryson 9B3 Surround Amplifier, Sonus Faber Cremona M (center), Diva Swans (surrounds), (2) JL Audio F113 subs with RevOpod footers and granite bases, Oppo 95, Wireworld Gold Eclipse speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum interconnects and Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electra 7 power cables, Furutech Flux 50 in-line power filters, (6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, Shunyata outlets, Nordost QRT QKORE3 and QKORE6 Grounding Units, ADD-Pwr Sorcer X4 and various GK Acoustics acoustic panels. Sony XBR 65 inch HDTV and EtherRegen switch.

It is a helluva sounding system if I say so myself.

Last edited:
Must sound great as long as the room has good acoustics..

Must sound great as long as the room has good acoustics..
The room has sound dampening drapes on the side walls and rolled cork on the floor as a base before the carpet and associated padding. As mentioned, there are various acoustic panels on the front and rear walls. The system has been professionally calibrated with a focus on the subs and their integration with my main speakers. There are still a few acoustic tweaks I am considering, but the only real improvement would be to build a home with a custom room designed for sound. That would be more than I am willing to do as I otherwise like my existing home.

our theater room is a box in a box thus isolating it from the kitchen above it.

how big is your old school arcade collection now?

Currently I just have a Nvidia Shield wired to my TV. The shield is seriously an awesome device. We've got Netflix, Amazon Prime video, and Crunchyroll. I even streamed the superbowl from my computer using chromecast.

Before I moved I had a 100" projector set up with a Yamaha receiver and 5.1 speakers. It was super sweet but I rarely watched movies. Unfortunately now everything is wireless and projectors are short throw so I think my old system have to be sold which is a huge hassle.

I'm impressed with how fast thing switch around on apple TV and also how easy to cast phones to it...also sonos is very good.

I'm impressed with how fast thing switch around on apple TV and also how easy to cast phones to it...also sonos is very good.

You must have the 4K Apple TV. I have one generation older and it’s ok but I’d never say fast.

I use Apple airplay devices for wireless transmission of audio to my 2 receivers, one a Bose system one a Pioneer receiver / Boston Acoustic speaker system.

We must, because going from app to app in Tivo is slowww compared to Ap TV..

I use the DISH Hopper 3 Ecosystem paired with a Control4 and love it (I'm a DISH executive). We built a theater in the basement and are using a Optoma 4K projector on a 120" screen. My tech guys convinced me to go with Sony ES series over Onkyo for the audio. It's a really nice setup and helped immensely during the pandemic.

haha we have an onkyo talking to a JVC D-ILA ...yelling through snell 7.1 and Klipsch booming down low...

I use the DISH Hopper 3 Ecosystem paired with a Control4 and love it (I'm a DISH executive). We built a theater in the basement and are using a Optoma 4K projector on a 120" screen. My tech guys convinced me to go with Sony ES series over Onkyo for the audio. It's a really nice setup and helped immensely during the pandemic.

I’m getting my update to a Hopper 3 this afternoon (after several years with a Hopper 2. I would love to go Control 4, but my budget is open architecture z-wave.

My house doesn’t lend itself to a high end home theatre, so I use my simple Bose 5 channel system for the family room. We do (have) host drive up movies during the covid times, and for it just simple speaker (as well as an FM transmitter setup) is good enough for our kids.

For plain music, my Pioneer / Boston Acoustics setup is old fashioned analog sound (at times even LP records).

I’m getting my update to a Hopper 3 this afternoon (after several years with a Hopper 2. I would love to go Control 4, but my budget is open architecture z-wave.

My house doesn’t lend itself to a high end home theatre, so I use my simple Bose 5 channel system for the family room. We do (have) host drive up movies during the covid times, and for it just simple speaker (as well as an FM transmitter setup) is good enough for our kids.

For plain music, my Pioneer / Boston Acoustics setup is old fashioned analog sound (at times even LP records).

You'll love the 3. We love the it because of the DVR storage and also the native support for YouTube, Netflix and Prime. It's nice not to have to switch over to the chromecast. I hear you on the house- the only reason we were able to pull it off is because we were finishing the basement.

So the boss has directed / authorized replacement of our Bose 5.1 system to something without wires ;)

I’m looking for recommendations and advice. It will most certainly need to be a Soundbar based system, I would like discreet rear speakers, and a sub. I am an advocate of airplay enabled devices, so wifi is also a requirement. Atmos is not necessary, but is a plus.

My budget is $500-1000, and I would trade the sub for overall sound quality. I am satisfied with the sound quality of my wired Bose system, so a Bose 300 or 700 soundbar with sub and rear speakers is the starting point, but sonos (arc or beam) catches my eye.

Back