• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

home entertainment systems..

I have the Bose Soundbar along with Bass Module and Surround speakers. I'm very happy with it. I'm most impressed with the clarity and openness of the sound. It's also probably the most elegant looking (IMO) system on the market. There are many better priced systems out there but if I were to do it again, I would still go with this system.

I have the Bose Soundbar along with Bass Module and Surround speakers. I'm very happy with it. I'm most impressed with the clarity and openness of the sound. It's also probably the most elegant looking (IMO) system on the market. There are many better priced systems out there but if I were to do it again, I would still go with this system.

Thanks. Do you have the 700 series or the 300/500 models?

I am reconnecting with my sparse vinyl collection with this pleasingly Old-fashioned setup.

A508063F-5A53-4B77-A547-4027B86A7822.jpg

Fluance Turntable and Powered Speakers

Last edited:
I have the SoundTouch 300. It's an older model...probably 3 or 4 years old at this point.

The sound touch 300 was replaced by the smart bar 700. I think the smart bar 300 replaced a solo or something like that.

Seems all the Soundbar companies change model names and some features every year or 2. Makes for a pita trying to sort through models.

My stereo is old fashioned. A BSR turntable circa 1980, a Pioneer receiver from 1990, and some Boston Acoustics speakers that are at least 20 years old.

That's old school right there.

I currently have a Pioneer Elite SC91 that is starting to show signs of failure. My last Elite lasted 10 years. I need to replace it, but there is a shortage of receivers in my price range, and the low end stuff won't power my Focal Choros tower speakers well.

I have the SoundTouch 300. It's an older model...probably 3 or 4 years old at this point.

I just got a 3 year old soundtouch 300, and bought a pair of the wireless rear adapters (to use with my existing Bose satellite speakers). If the sound is good, I’ll live without the subwoofer.

I do need to inbox my stereo system, too. During my forced remodel, I pre-wired my upstairs, backyard, and garage for speakers. Just need to convince my wife the space under the stairs (where the wires home run) is perfect for the receiver. I’ll be set with Soundbar surround setup for the family room, and stereo / turntable / streaming system for the rest of the house.

I was into stereo in my early years (when it made sense) but now only a Harman/Kardon 'vintage' Amplifier, tapedeck, tuner and a Sony CD-player survived. I now listen with headphones from the computer if I'm looking for high quality.
Once had: Krell amplifier, S-300i, Luxman PD-300 vinyl turntable, Audiostatic speakers ES 300 RS, Magneplanar and Apogee Caliper, all sold. My neighbors have been much friendlier to me since then. :)

I was into stereo in my early years (when it made sense) but now only a Harman/Kardon 'vintage' Amplifier, tapedeck, tuner and a Sony CD-player survived. I now listen with headphones from the computer if I'm looking for high quality.
Once had: Krell amplifier, S-300i, Luxman PD-300 vinyl turntable, Audiostatic speakers ES 300 RS, Magneplanar and Apogee Caliper, all sold. My neighbors have been much friendlier to me since then. :)

Yes. Sound is a wonderful fence to neighbors.

My home theater system, at least the audio part, is what I guess you would call an entry-level high-end system. The audio equivalent of the S2000 - purpose built and highly competent, but on the low end of the scale. I built it specifically for live concert videos on Blu-ray and selected components that were noted for their music reproduction versus movie soundtracks. The mains are a bipolar reflecting design that put up a huge soundstage across the whole front instead of a precisely imaged studio sound.

Marantz AV8801 preprocessor, Marantz MM8077 power amp (7 x 150), Mirage OM-9 mains, Paradigm CC490 center, ADP590 surrounds, and S-110 sub, APC UPS/power conditioner, Panasonic 55-inch plasma TV, Sony Blu-ray player, Technics turntable, Kenwood 6 + 1 CD changer (last 2 circa 1992). The concert collection is up to about 150 and growing.

Attachments

• DSC_1059.jpg
    DSC_1059.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_1063.jpg
    DSC_1063.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I still have my Thorens and Rabco setup. I was in the hi fi business and I still had to eat candy bar lunches to pay for it.

Back