• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Honda airbag

It's still a bit chilly and unsettled here in the frozen wastelands of central British Columbia but I have had a couple of opportunities for a drive.:cool:

Today I took a few minutes to install the Honda branded air bag that I purchased from whrdnsx on this site. Wayne was a great seller and a nice guy, he shipped the airbag from Australia and I had it in a matter of days.

I know there are many schools of thought about Honda or Acura badging on the NSX and I hope not to rekindle that debate with this thread. I happen to own a Honda Dealership in a small town and as such prefer to have mine with the Honda badging and was not happy when someone looked in the window and saw the ACURA logo on the airbag, just confusing.

airbag.jpg

I installed a new right side horn button at the same time as mine had popped out onto my lap when driving as many others have done. I was going to take some images of the job for the diy section but found that the job was really easy and well explained on one page in the manual available in the wiki so anything I posted would be kind of redundant.

The first time I turned on the key to energize the system I did it from the passenger seat "just in case":smile:. It all works as it should and it just makes me feel better to look at that H as I enjoy my drives.

One day I will find a non working head unit as well and get the tape door with the Honda Bose name but that being so small it is not really high on the priority list.

Peter

One day I will find a non working head unit as well and get the tape door with the Honda Bose name but that being so small it is not really high on the priority list.

Peter

An early '90s Accord tape deck is pretty common, uses the same door as the NSX head unit, and it says "Honda." The ones that say "Honda Bose" are harder to find. Either way, it is a simple matter to swap the Accord cassette door into the NSX unit.

Last edited:
Also Get the JDM cruise control switches. The difference is suttle and almost not worth the cost, but it's cool to have.

i'm still relentlessly looking for my first NSX, but as soon as i have purchased one the very first (and likely only) modifications i'll be making to the car will be to switch all the "Acura" badging to "Honda"

Back