• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How can we improve the Second Generation NSX forum

Dice is mostly on point. I have been a participant on car forums for various cars I have owned for 2 decades at this point. Never has the bulk of the discussion been on a private channel (in this case a Facebook group) instead of a publicly available forum such as this one. However, after I bought an NC1 and joined I quickly realized the purpose of the necessity. There are so few actual cars and owners and so many trolls that it is difficult to have substantive conversation about the car without nonowners interjecting and attempting to change the narrative of the conversation to being about how terrible the car is, their 30 year old car is better, etc. It is unfortunate that it is named NSX as if it were a "new" car we wouldn't have this problem of its discussion being housed on the same website as one that primarily caters to an older car whose audience couldn't be any different. As it is however, that is the situation as it exists and, to dialogue about the car in any real way, there has to be a way to cut through the irrelevant noise from non owner and former owner trolls that have nothing to add to the topic at hand. Hence the private discussion. I wish it were different but that is the way it is. Also, I will add that internet forums in the car world seem to be fading in favor of social media groups. I see it with other marques as well. I hate it because it is so much more difficult to track conversations or search through archived info.

I agree that the static is annoying....but I pray you guys and gals will try to ignore the nonsense on a public free for all like prime to build a useful database.We have better moderation, like I said so far we have 10 or so regulars who are willing to engage with non owners accepting that fact..

Dice is mostly on point. I have been a participant on car forums for various cars I have owned for 2 decades at this point. Never has the bulk of the discussion been on a private channel (in this case a Facebook group) instead of a publicly available forum such as this one. However, after I bought an NC1 and joined I quickly realized the purpose of the necessity. There are so few actual cars and owners and so many trolls that it is difficult to have substantive conversation about the car without nonowners interjecting and attempting to change the narrative of the conversation to being about how terrible the car is, their 30 year old car is better, etc. It is unfortunate that it is named NSX as if it were a "new" car we wouldn't have this problem of its discussion being housed on the same website as one that primarily caters to an older car whose audience couldn't be any different. As it is however, that is the situation as it exists and, to dialogue about the car in any real way, there has to be a way to cut through the irrelevant noise from non owner and former owner trolls that have nothing to add to the topic at hand. Hence the private discussion. I wish it were different but that is the way it is. Also, I will add that internet forums in the car world seem to be fading in favor of social media groups. I see it with other marques as well. I hate it because it is so much more difficult to track conversations or search through archived info.

Great discussion here, and proof I think that the early days of the NC1 forums are over. The trolls have moved on to go bother the C8 owners, Supra, etc. Even Rob is behaving himself. :) I've been watching the NC1 threads for a few months now, and it's normal car discussion again.

NSX Prime is a place for all NSX lovers of all generations to gather and discuss. Tolling comments now will be deleted, since we have active moderation. Come on back!!

Well said.

I also agree with your comments.....

This site should use HTTPS. It's been good practice for some time on the web; to not support it in 2021 is embarrassing. My personal web sites have HTTPS and I'm on shared hosting that doesn't cost a lot.

This site should use HTTPS. It's been good practice for some time on the web; to not support it in 2021 is embarrassing. My personal web sites have HTTPS and I'm on shared hosting that doesn't cost a lot.

The upgraded software will support HTTPS. And much better mobile phone integration.

Timing?

And fewer ads? They’re so annoying.

Hoping for the next month or two. Depends on when we can get Lud's final approval to migrate everything. It's a big job and the forum will be down for days.

Back