• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how do you afford this

Dad is that you??
smile.gif
Just kidding.
smile.gif
smile.gif
Although you do sound like my dad.Which is a good thing
smile.gif

------------------

I heard that the drug dealer-rock star-plumber gig is a pyramid scheme! I
would never buy into a pyramid scheme. I heard those things are just a dead
end and only the person who starts it gets anywhere. Stick with the
entertainment industry and have people pay to see you shoot a cannon ball
into your stomach.

NOW THAT IS FUNNY
smile.gif
LOL

------------------

I like zane's Idea... except you dont need my ss # or any of that.. I'll open a savings account and thats all you need if you need more information post something.. oh by the way I only need 70k and I dont have enough for a new prelude now.. Im talking about in the future ... if I dont make enough a year I wont be able to afford it and I will just buy a prelude.. I drive an 86 prelude with a busted out front left headlight.. my locks are broken from the inside and sometimes my moon roof dumps water on me when I open it. my right window doesnt go down either. but it has a good stereo so I can turn it up loud so I dont have to hear the squeeks and rattles

I like zane's Idea... except you dont need my ss # or any of that.. I'll open a savings account and thats all you need if you need more information post something.. oh by the way I only need 70k and I dont have enough for a new prelude now.. Im talking about in the future ... if I dont make enough a year I wont be able to afford it and I will just buy a prelude.. I drive an 86 prelude with a busted out front left headlight.. my locks are broken from the inside and sometimes my moon roof dumps water on me when I open it. my right window doesnt go down either. but it has a good stereo so I can turn it up loud so I dont have to hear the squeeks and rattles

Originally posted by ilikeNSx:
I drive an 86 prelude with a busted out front left headlight.. my locks are broken from the inside and sometimes my moon roof dumps water on me when I open it. my right window doesnt go down either. but it has a good stereo so I can turn it up loud so I dont have to hear the squeeks and rattles

Drive the Prelude as long as you can - inspite of how bad it looks or whatever - and inspite of what your friends say - it will pay off big time later in life! Get your ducks in a row for the things that really matter (owning an NSX is not one of them, no matter what you might think now) and THEN get the car of your dreams. Having the money to buy an NSX is not the same thing as being able to afford one and, PS, dumping $30K into a $30K car is ridiculous. Might as well take the money and burn it.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I would think you'd be better off saving up for a downpayment on a home. Worry about the NSX after you've got that accomplished.

Spot on.

I've examples of my employees who didn't do that. Now age 35, there still renting a small home, never being able to get out of that again. By this time the NSX will already be recycled............

[
QUOTE]Originally posted by ilikeNSx:
thanks guys.. this is what Im currently doing, Im going to live at home or bunk up with a freind at an appartment.. cost of living is only around 600 a month that includes food gas bills current car and my appartment. Im only 18 also.. and my parents are'nt rich,.. anyways I probably wont get it till Im 21 or so and my insurance will be terible.. If I can't afford NSX I will buy 99 prelude SH and put 30k into it[/QUOTE]
Maybe you should listen to nsxman.
And don't you think that, at the age of 18 it is a little soon to drive such a powerfull car ? One little accident will cost you a fortune, so work on your driving-experience first, and then, when you think you're ready,buy it and love it.

hey.. i'm 18. i'm getting my NSX pretty soon. i'm still searching for one. I need to sell my car first. i have a 99 prelude with 40k miles seling for 17k only. but yeah email me and i'll tell you how

tony

nice cars but how do you afford it.. what do you do?

biggrin.gif
Stop paying your ex-wife alimony
biggrin.gif
It is amazing what kind of car payment that will cover!!!!

Why do I have to have patients? I don't want to be a doctor.

That is how I pay for everything else
wink.gif
The tail wags and kisses are just fringe benefits!

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

[This message has been edited by ncdogdoc (edited 22 December 2001).]

You can live in a car, but you can't drive a house.

The best advice I can offer on how to afford an exotic sports car is as follows:

Believe you can do it. Set your goals. And want it more than just about anything.

So many people would say 'sure, I'd love an NSX', but how bad do they really want it?

Or, others might say 'yes, I really want one, but man, I'll never have that kind of money... other people are just lucky...'

When you encounter someone who can afford an expensive car, do you think to yourself that they're just lucky? Or do you try to find out how they did it... the secret of their success... and do you have the confidence in yourself that you can do it too?

I think that's the key... Yes, working hard, saving, investing, getting an education... all those are good. But you also have to have certain priorities and a certain attitude, in my opinion.

Ever since I was a kid I knew that I wanted exotic sports cars, and I was determined to have them one day. It might sound cheesy or simple, but BELIEVING is essential. Without it, people simply miss opportunities.

-Z18

get credit and use it responsibly, your credit rating is essential to future opportunities

get an education

get a job that you can at least tolerate until you find one you love

get a mortgage. do this as soon as possible. the only investment with the odds in your favor is a house. with an average increase of greater than 10 % a year you'll be amazed at your equity

save and invest.

i could have bought an nsx in my 20s but i would have felt silly not being able to buy gas and go out to eat when i wanted.

dreams arent based on luck. just a reasonable plan, dedication, and hard work.
"rich relations may give you a crust of bread and such....just don't take too much...
God bless the child who has his own"

Play the following numbers in your state's lottery:

03 18 25 31 38 45

Costs $1 and is guaranteed to pay you several million dollars. Well, not exactly guaranteed, but...
biggrin.gif

AFFORD IT!!! THe NSX is very inexpensive for what you get. Hand-made aluminium master peice. Balance, controlled, pwerful, what a sound. And you can drive it to work and put 100K miles plus on it. I had a 355 Ferrari that one toooo wide. It was powerful! But it just did not feal like a sports car. I looked a two different 348ts's and they just had major belt jobs and all for $15,000!! (I saw the bills!!!) You never see Ferrari owners put any miles on their cars ( miles are money and they think these cars should be parked and buffed....ever see Ferris Buehler's Day off? They new 911 is dull (fast, but dull) The Boxster is much more fun, but you will see your self coming and going--your aunt probably drives one. NSXs are owned by people who know that the car is a deal don't need a dick transplant when they buy a Ferrari or Lambo! If you want a cheap NSX lease an acura RXS or Honda S2000...ALOT of vtec fun for the money.

Back