• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how do you afford this

Same wayu as affording a Civic +50K...thats all.
No I don't have any money left over for your project. Sorry about that...
I started smoking the Go-fast Crack pipe this year and I am now addicted.
No money left even for food and clothing.
I've been sleeping on the street so I can afford the BB Supercharger..

Saved my money for eight years. Invested aggressively, and got lucky with a hot stock market. Sold out and bought the car. Good timing there, too -- the stocks, had I held them, have all plummetted in value. The NSX is only worth a little less than what I paid.

-Bob

Same here.

Waited about 3 years, finally got a job, worked for 8 months, lived bare minimum, like a hermit, save enough for a downpayment, bought the car. Oh by the way, its a used NSX, not a new one. I cant afford a new one right now.

Rob a bank
smile.gif
This question comes up a lot read some of the other posts.

Five step program: get educated, get job, make money, save money, buy the car. There are NO SHORTCUTS!

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Originally posted by NSXY:
Five step program: get educated, get job, make money, save money, buy the car. There are NO SHORTCUTS!

I have to agree. Follow those steps, and you will get one.

Shortcuts rarely work out.. and the stock market sure hasnt helped me get any closer to owning one!

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Yup yup!

If you want to go after a dream so bad (In this case, the NSX, and what a dream it is!), you have to work hard to fulfil it. Stay focused on that dream, and soon it will come true! It did for me.

Originally posted by NSXY:

Unless you are a rich daddy who wants to spoil you and you don't care to earn anything on your own.

thanks guys.. this is what Im currently doing, Im going to live at home or bunk up with a freind at an appartment.. cost of living is only around 600 a month that includes food gas bills current car and my appartment. Im only 18 also.. and my parents are'nt rich,.. anyways I probably wont get it till Im 21 or so and my insurance will be terible.. If I can't afford NSX I will buy 99 prelude SH and put 30k into it

The NSX has been my dream car since it was intruduced in 1991. I bought my car by saving all the money that I made doing side-jobs after work and on the weekends. I was able to pay cash for the car (25k for a 91) after saving for three years.

I am a Network Engineer / Webdesigner so it is easy to find the work.

Use the five step program above, and suppliment it with work ethic. You will succeed.

need money? sure, i got lots. send me your SS#,date of birth, mothers maiden name, the name of the street you lived on as a child, and your bank account #'s, and i'll have my people do the wire transfer.

------------------
Xane Ze

Here's a thought. Take the money you would put into the Prelude, hold it for 2 more years while adding MORE money, and then buy your NSX. My method of purchasing my NSX can be summed up in one word: patience.

I agree with Juice. Patience is a virtue. Since you're only 18 now I would spend the next three years deciding what your priorities really are. Buying a '99 Prelude and dumping $30K into it or saving it for and early model NSX. I find it contradicting to hear you say you can't afford an NSX but you can spend $30K + on a Prelude. (That's sounds like money-to-burn to me). No matter what you do to the engine or body on a Prelude, IT WILL NEVER BE AN NSX.

Who says you have to spend $85k on a new one. I'm having more fun with my '93 because I spent less than half that for it. (More money left for mods)
wink.gif

I think if you're truly serious about owning an NSX buy the Prelude for now. It's a reliable and economical vehicle to get you to school and back. Besides, do you really want to park your NSX in a college parking lot for the next 4 years? Not me. Don't spend all your money on mods for the Prelude either. When you turn 21 you'll either have enough money to buy an early model NSX or enough money to throw "one hell of a party" for your 21st..

Take your pick.

I would think you'd be better off saving up for a downpayment on a home. Worry about the NSX after you've got that accomplished.

Hear-Hear!!

Get your priorities straight and have patients. Work hard save your money, but most importantly WORK HARD (and Honest) and with a good job, you'll be in a position to get one with out living out of a cardboard box. Hell, at 18... you have plenty of time to invest hard work to get to where you can comfortably afford the car plus other things. IMO it's not cool to have something expensive and don't have money to buy gas to put in it, or go places with friends and family due to being broke.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. If you want to REALLY invest your hard work and get this car.... got to school, get a BS/BA degree, join the military (as an officer)and serve your Country!!! It's very rewarding.

------------------
Kenji Ligon
91 Red CTSC NSX

Deal drugs thru high school,get addicted to drugs,get thrown out of high school at 15,go to work as a plumbing apprentice make lots of money by working 100 hrs a week to support the habit,stay addicted till 18,get sober at 19,go back to college for 3 1/2 years full time 16 credits per semester study music to be a rock star while maintaining a 40/week job "still plumbing",graduate college with honors,realize that rock stars usually have to suffer with no money or food for additional 15-20 years before they have money,drop the rock star idea,continue plumbing,stop working for others and start your own shop,make great money,build a work force,make greater money,"buy the NSX cash" and a few other things cash,make large investments into stocks and real estate,max out the IRA"s and retirement funds,make a 15 year plan with a finacial advisor to retire with 5.5 million @ 45 and stick to the plan , stop being concerned how to make money and start learning how to spend it and keep the majority of it.
Above all wear it loosly
smile.gif

And never forget where you came from or and all those who helped you get there.
Faith moves mountains"just bring a shovel".

------------------

I heard that the drug dealer-rock star-plumber gig is a pyramid scheme! I would never buy into a pyramid scheme. I heard those things are just a dead end and only the person who starts it gets anywhere. Stick with the entertainment industry and have people pay to see you shoot a cannon ball into your stomach.

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
Why do I have to have patients? I don't want to be a doctor.
biggrin.gif

Having patients is the best way for me to earn a living. Without them I'd "be living in a van down by the river!"

If you're 18 you DON'T deserve to drive an NSX ! When I was your age, I drove a Plymouth Roadrunner that was my dad's. I paid him for it when I got out of the army in 71'. The VA paid for my schooling and I worked a full time job at the same time.
Work hard and save. Get the important things in life first. Then and only then you should be able to get the car of your dreams.

Back