• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how is the front emblem held on?

I just got an H emblem, and it looks like it's held on w/ some double sided adhesive...however, there are two pegs and i'm wondering if there's something underneath bumper (spring washers?) that hold onto these pegs. I've found one post that said it did, but then other people said it's just stuck on. I was just going to try and heat it up and 'dental floss' it off...suggestions?

Since it's apart, could you please describe what (if any) part(s) attach to the ends of the two pegs on the underside?

TIA

The emblem is just held on with the double sided tape and the two pegs just go into the small holes in the bumper. There is nothing holding the pegs under the bumper.

Originally posted by FAQ Nazi:
Since it's apart, could you please describe what (if any) part(s) attach to the ends of the two pegs on the underside?

TIA

I didnt take it apart, the paint shop had it apart and I went down to look at it while it was off the car. I only noticed the two holes
so i'm not sure that there is anything attached to the posts below the bumper skin.

I just took off my emblem...it was an aftermarket red acura one so it didn't even use the pegs for placement, but i used dental floss to saw it off. It made the remaining glue smell minty fresh. Took about five minutes to do.

Back