• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many Aussies have a faulty A/C controller

I'm curious as I've worked on 3 units recently and they all had the same problem and all were 91-94 models. A tell tale sign of imminent total failure is the fan speed either goes flatout or not at all, despite setting .

This is old news to those that have been around a while, but a timely reminder.

It's a well known fault that can cause serious damage to the trackwork on the board from leaking capacitors. All 3 of the one's I've repaired had badly etched tracks to some degree.

I urge all Aussies to check their unit as a replacement is rediculously expensive and hard to find. Even if it is working properly and you know what you are doing, pull it out and examine the board. If you see any corrosion like in the pic attached , it needs repair ASAP, as it will only get worse.

Attachments

• IMG_0260.jpg
    IMG_0260.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 95
Have apparently two issues with mine, the usual fan only on high and also something to do with the sensor for the flap adjustment not reading properly.
Was about to send it to America to get repaired, i was not aware you also repaired them.

Hi Sweetchuck,
I have a 94 model with the usual problem, 18degrees c and high fan speed. Waiting on mate to help remove unit. please advise your contact details so I can forward unit to you.
Cheers,

Ian Q.

Good to know that you can fix them.
Mines running fine for now but who knows in the future.

I'd still check it out next time you have the console off, easy to check and repair early
Have apparently two issues with mine, the usual fan only on high and also something to do with the sensor for the flap adjustment not reading properly.
Was about to send it to America to get repaired, i was not aware you also repaired them.

Yes I can repair them no problem, day job is electronics engineering.

I don't want to be out of line here though and step on anyones toes, or break any site rules. So by all means PM me any interest, and I may make a Aus vendor page for anything NSX electronics :wink: as it does take a lot of time and shipping costs sending these modules abroad when we can use the brains trust in OZ !!

Will vouch for SweetChuck. I believe thats my board pictured in the initial post.
Just need to get down to whrdnsx on the weekend to swap him back his a/c unit whilst you repaired mine.

My '99 flap makes a screeching noise when it changes. Is this something that can/should be fixed or just live with it?

P.S. Brian K did a quick, reasonably priced capacitor job on mine a few years ago; Still works but responsiveness to dialling in temp changes is a bit hit & miss:smile:

Took mine out today.........CCU was working perfectly.........BUT.......some caps have leaked.

Was going to fix it myself but will put it in the safer hands of SweetChuck. :)

Got my board back from Rick today, sent out Monday so fantastic turnaround!!!

The board left a bit worse for wear and now is sparkly clean.

I'd highly recommend Rick for service and expertise............

Remember, even if your CCU is working ok, I'd take it out and have a look.

My NSX had only done just over 75,000 kms, garaged most of it's life.....and it had signs of leakage on 4-5 caps. So it probably would have went within a couple of months.

PM sent,...... could be a good time to have this checked, it will be warm again in Melbourne before you know it!!!! ( yes, I'm being sarcastic about Melb weather)

Back