• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many days till this lip is torn off?

Okay...I think the question was asked twice without an answer. What kind of lip is this one?

Make sure that lip is attached with the fasteners that release if it is given a good hit backwards.... otherwise when it does get torn off it might take half your bumper with it, instant Enzo-style front end:

foxbumper.jpg

i love how you've blanked out the rego plate... hmmm... i wonder who's lime-green NSX it could be??? :tongue: :wink: :biggrin:

Okay...I think the question was asked twice without an answer. What kind of lip is this one?

I believe its the seibon carbon lip... i had one on my 97 for all of two days.. HAHAHAHAHHA

Installed late friday night
Got my first crack in it sat morning at the supermarket parking lot
Sunday afternoon my friend was driving the car hit a dip and bam!!! Gone!

But i did at least take a whole bunch on nice pictures of it before it got cracked. So for a couple of hundy it was worth it for about a Hundy a day. :rolleyes:

Yup - "seibon carbon lip death toll" for me is 3! these things are paper thin , if you want it to last back fill it with fiberglass filler aka "duraglass" fill all the gaps - if anyone wants to see how I finally made mine last (through severe beatings) I can email pics ! and DO NOT use zipties ! I've seen it come off due to impact (great) then be run over by the owner (not so great) the bumper is plastic and will flex - so don't worry about securing it with bolts!

Hey Dhalsim,
Your lip will not last long, can't really tell how long but CF or fiberglass lips naturally don't last on a lowered car, heck sometimes even on a not lowered car. There are just too many things on the road that will crack it no matter how careful you are.
I love your lip and it was my first choice when I was looking for one, but decided to go with wings west lip because its made of polyurethane. My car will probably be a lot lower than yours so I need something flexible, I can deal with scraping, but if I scrape and puts a lot of stress on the material, that's a no-no. After all I want a car that I can still drive anywhere.

If the inevitable happens, go check out some FRP or poly lips, it may not look as nice (its all personal anyway), but you save headaches and $$$.

Here are some lips..
Wings West
Problem with this, you need to paint the whole thing = $$$
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=711

Shine Lip
I have a shine front bumper on my 86 corolla, I stand by their product along with my drifting buddies. I've never seen a bumper that can take a beating like this. Their lip uses the same material.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=875196

Downforce Lip
This is probably the most expensive one (you need NA2 bumper or Mode4's NA1.5 bumper). Was going with this route but I wasn't completely sold with the Mode 4 bumper. But it looks great.
http://downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16218&cat=268&page=2

niM

scrapped really hard on my driveway yesterday cause I had a passenger but survived that.............

the day before I took a turn hard and I could hear it scrape......thought for sure that was the end...........BUT.....it lives on..........

A moment of silence please............................................

On 7/11/08 my seibon CF lip died a trajic death heading east on the 580 up the Altamont Pass..............

Oh well on to the next one.........currently looking at the Downforce CF lip as it doesnt seem to sit that low. I did pick up a WW lip but everyone has that lip and I kinda like the CF look. Now if i coudl find the WW lip in CF then hmmmmm...........

Its rubbing on everything...............

Oh well that will just give me an excuse to get somethign new.......

CFLip2.jpg

Mine lasted less than 30 days, converted back to the factory lip - they are great for show but just not practical for around town driving in my opinion - then again I don't have the flatest roads around where I live not to mention the speed bumps are crazy high also.

Mine lasted as long as it did because I only used it for shows......in fact I was driving back from a big meet the night it was torn off.......but I'm loking for somethign I can use all the time.

Back