• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many Victorian NSX's are still about?

I was just trying to get some idea of who still owns an NSX in Victoria. I know Michael (noisuf) is still about, but not too sure who else?

I've posted a photo below of one of our drives. Who is still on here, Owen, Mike, John, Eckers, Greg etc 🤷*♂️

Cheers,

David
IMG_9444_PS_web.jpg

I’m pleased to hear there are still a few people around [emoji106] We will see if anybody else puts their hand up and then perhaps try and arrange a catch-up before the weather turns nasty.

Cheers,

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still around...... owned and modified mine for last 20 years! The car always receives compliments and thumbs up from people on the road

I’m pleased to hear you’re still about and your car continues to attract attention [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry to go ot on this thread....but was wondering how many corona virus cases your country is dealing with?

thanks, is your government instituting any specific public health measures?

As at 06:30 hrs on 26 February 2020, we have 23 confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia:

• 8 in Queensland
  • 4 in New South Wales
  • 7 in Victoria
  • 3 in South Australia
  • 1 in Western Australia
15 of these cases are reported to have recovered. The remaining cases are in a stable condition.
8 cases are passengers who were on the Diamond Princess repatriation flight from Japan. They were in quarantine at the Manigurr-ma Village Howard Springs facility in Darwin when they tested positive to coronavirus (COVID-19).

Hi Doc, Above FYI, also we wont be seeing you at NSXPO this year unfortunately, no doubt bumblebee will light up the track as usual! Cheers Scott

As at 06:30 hrs on 26 February 2020, we have 23 confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Australia:

• 8 in Queensland
  • 4 in New South Wales
  • 7 in Victoria
  • 3 in South Australia
  • 1 in Western Australia
15 of these cases are reported to have recovered. The remaining cases are in a stable condition.
8 cases are passengers who were on the Diamond Princess repatriation flight from Japan. They were in quarantine at the Manigurr-ma Village Howard Springs facility in Darwin when they tested positive to coronavirus (COVID-19).

Hi Doc, Above FYI, also we wont be seeing you at NSXPO this year unfortunately, no doubt bumblebee will light up the track as usual! Cheers Scott

I was only about four hand-fulls out! I'm not too sure whether the hysteria over this is warranted, although I do think we need to manage the risk. Let's face it, you're far more likely to die in a car crash than you are of coronavirus!!! I should add, that's my layman's opinion, which comes from a background of no medical knowledge whatsoever!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the that Scott! We had fun last go-round....:biggrin:

Good to hear from the VIC crew! The Honda Sports Car Club of Australia is still going strong, mainly in NSW and SA. We have some Vic members and get inquiries from Victorians wanting to join but at the moment there doesn’t seem to be the critical mass to get a VIC chapter going again. Since Ian Q left the club it has been pretty quiet in VIC! We have had some of our VIC members on National runs, including SA wine country, the NSW/VIC high country and to Sydney for the World Time Attack.

The Club organised trips to Japan for the 20th and 25th Anniversary of the NSX and some members travel to NSXPO in USA and other Honda events worldwide.

It would be great to see more VIC NSXs out and about, we must remember the biggest gathering of NSX was in VIC during our Targa Tassy run!..see below

20 NSX Panorama Ess.jpg

And some shots of SA Blinman Run

Blinman Road.jpg

Blinman back.jpg

And the Type R on the dirt!!

R on Dirt.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the photos. I was at the Essendon Honda catch-up and it was sensational to see so many NSX's in the one place.

I should add, I've still got my NSX stubby holders.

Cheers,

David

Thanks for the that Scott! We had fun last go-round....:biggrin:

[FONT=&quot]See below an update from the Australian Prime Minister:

Scott Morrison says it will now be treated as a “pandemic” in Australia, even though the rest of the world is yet to declare it as such.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The move allows the federal government to immediately respond as the disease spreads, including the option of shutting schools if necessary.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As things stand, only eight Australians are being treated for mild cases of the virus.[/FONT]

I'll be moving to Melbourne later in the year, so you can add 2 more NSX's to the list.
I'm still here getting round in my SC NSX. I don't post much but i'm interested in hooking up for a drive if anyone's interested.
Great to hear "whrdnsx" that you are coming to Melbourne. you probably have the most knowledge of anyone i've chatted to on prime in Oz about NSX's. Keep us informed when you get here, I would love to get you to do some work on my car in the future.

Attachments

• 20171212_193253.jpg
    20171212_193253.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 211
  • 20171212_193519.jpg
    20171212_193519.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 20171212_220533.jpg
    20171212_220533.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 20171212_193320.jpg
    20171212_193320.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 214
  • 20171212_193301.jpg
    20171212_193301.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 214
  • 20171212_193227.jpg
    20171212_193227.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Soon to be owner in Melbourne here. Car is currently sitting at the port in Japan waiting to be shipped, see pic attached (it snowed while it was being transported there so it's FILTHY).

nsx_23.jpg

I'd definitely be interested in a meet up in a couple of months once I have it!

Ben

It's great to see that Melbourne numbers are swelling rather than diminishing :cool: Perhaps we will wait and see when whrdnsx and Blipman's cars hit town and then sort something out after that. I've been driving mine over the last couple of days, given there is not too much else we can do!!!

Cheers,

David

Hopefully by the end of the year we will be able to get together for a meet and with lots more adding to the list

All of you take care and when this crap is over hope to meet on the other side

Regards to you all
Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still here getting round in my SC NSX. I don't post much but i'm interested in hooking up for a drive if anyone's interested.
Great to hear "whrdnsx" that you are coming to Melbourne. you probably have the most knowledge of anyone i've chatted to on prime in Oz about NSX's. Keep us informed when you get here, I would love to get you to do some work on my car in the future.

Yes, I'll have my workshop available to work on any NSX's. I've always got some projects happening.

Back