• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much HP for 2004 NSX Ford's answer- 500

Ditto that Ive seen a very clen replica live and the GT-40 is a showw stopper.Its alot lower than I thought they were .Heck combine that with 2000+ suspension technology it will be a hot item I'd say the price would warrent 70,000.00-90,000.00.In my opinion alot more my taste than the viper.Id take one Id drop a deposit if I knew where...
ABC BILL

------------------

I'd say the price would warrent 70,000.00-90,000.00.

Well, they're estimating $100,000 now, and these things have a tendency to go up, not down.

As far as competing - it's up to Honda to decide whether to build the best car for a certain price and sell a reasonable number of them, or to build the best car at any price and only sell a handful because they're so expensive.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 09 January 2002).]

Originally posted by NSXocto:

What does the new NSX need to have to live in a world of 500 HP cars? Would 400hp be enough?

I don't think the new NSX and the new GT40 (if it were to make production) would be in competition with eachother. The NSX has always been a luxury sports car that you can drive everyday or take on the track (or both
smile.gif
). The GT40, while I am sure it will be incredibly fast, does not look like a daily driver.

Anyway, I do hope they build it because the new GT40 looks pretty awesome! I don't know if ford really needs to build this car though because the new T-bird will be their signature car for at least the next few years. And it is affordable compared to a 100+K sports car.

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
And it is affordable compared to a 100+K sports car.

It is a $100K+ sports car.

confused.gif

Ken, I mean the new T-bird is affordable to the majority of people.. unlike a 100K sportscar... sorry for the confusion..

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

Just shows that a car company has to have a super-car to
look good these days.

Hey thats great maybe well have a late 60's revival when massive horspower was common ,combine that w/todays "power to the ground" technology vs, alot of useless inneficiant products from that time and its a field day
full of an endless choices for us.
smile.gif

PS... the GT-40 thing about that 40 refered to its height is very interesting.Good trivia question.

That would make "me" a (W.J.C 66")

------------------

This is what the Brits make of us; but seriously, the GT40 was a source of great embarassment to Ford last week, as a sign of dead creativity.

DETROIT SHOW ROUND UP
The Detroit Show gives America's Big Three the chance to pretend that they're not in more trouble than Mullah Omar and his magic motorbike. Sniff Petrol takes a look at the highlights.
Ford
The Blue Oval's star of the show was undoubtedly the 'new' GT40. However, its unveiling was overshadowed by news of theft from the Ford museum, just down the road, where staff returned from their Christmas break to discover that one of their prize exhibits, an original GT40, had been stolen. They immediately contacted police who have launched a thorough investigation into the theft.

embarrasement or not on their creativity, that GT40 remake is one nice car, I already called the local dealer about letting them know i'm interested in putting down a deposit. The original has always been a classic as far as i'm concerned and since I sat in one I fell in love. It's not NSX as far as refinement, either the original or the new one, and although it may be the wrong thing to do, the austin vanquish V12 might give it more creed than a mustang or truck sourced V8, mind you the V8 is closer to original 289 V8 spec.
Oh and as for the height of the GT40, some confusion on the past posts
original 40.5" tall, rounded off to 40 = GT40
remake or new GT40 is 43.5" if I remember car & drivers article correctly

Yup looks like the NSX needs some big hp numbers to keep up with the new crop of sports cars. 500hp/500 lbs of torque on a target weight of 3000 lbs for the GT40 sounds impressive. Has to be good for 11 second 1/4mile times or close at least.

Yes,please Japan give us at least 400 hp otherwise I am going to stop eating sushi every week-end.Thats not a threat its a promise.Just kidding
smile.gif
smile.gif

I cant stop ...HELP ME!!!

------------------

Back