• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much to sell my TV for?

Its time for a new TV, but first I must sell the old one.

FPT5884, specs: Amazon.com: Samsung FPT5884 58-Inch 1080p Plasma HDTV: Electronics

I have no idea what to ask for it, was north of $3000 new 3 years ago but I know TV prices drop like a rock. It still works great, it just gets too hot for my bedroom. Does anyone have a suggestion where to look for used Consumer electronic prices/rates, or what to ask?

I tried looking on allofcraigs.com (searches all locality craigslists) and ebay to no avail.

can't help you with a specific price but new 58 in plasma like the sony S2 I recently bought are 1200$. Depending on how much use your tv has it could be getting close to its useful life.One of our 4 yo toshiba 50's is getting little red pixels popping up on the black screen ....it has had the most use.

After extensive research and both a quantitative and qualitative analysis of all economic indicators, factoring in depreciation, anticipated product life expectancy and the time space continuum, it would appear to be worth $44.79.

P.s. Do you take paypal?

I have a similar Samsung and if I were to sell mine, I doubt I'd get more than $800 for it. I'd probably price it to sell at around $700. I could be way off but just my 2 cents. :smile:

Sadly, $600-700 at most and I would say closer to the $600 range. What do you mean it gets too hot for your bedroom? Aren't you used to things getting hot in your bedroom? :wink:

Unfortunately, being that it's over 3 years old and well out of it's warranty range... you'll be lucky to get $500 for it... I know I'd be scared to spend any kind of money on a 3yo plasma screen... You know what I mean... if it breaks you're either out of $500 or spending the money you saved to repair it... Which would bring me back to just buying a new one... List it on CL and ask $700obo... maybe someone will bite... Only you know what you want for it! :rolleyes: You already said you didn't want to give it away LOL :biggrin: So there's gotta be a bottom dollar in your head

lol :rolleyes:

right.. I'll get right on that when I get a job making better than 45K a year and move out of an apartment.

lol ........ "just kidding!" :biggrin:

On the serious side, it is quite difficult to sell a used large screen TV these days and it must be a cash and carry deal locally. Have you thought about a trade for some apartment or car gadget? Maybe with your friendly repair shop or body shop for parts or service? :smile:

We purchased a used one here in the Monterey area for $600.00.
I am willing to purchase your set as long as you are willing to ship it
to me for the same price. I need one more for my rental property in Prunedale.
As long as you can assure me it's in 100% good working condition with no cosmetic issues I can make it work for me.

Back