• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Rims can make such a difference

I still cannot decide what look I want to stick with, changing shoes all the time can be tiresome on the back. I know the final decision is on me, but just figure i post some pics so see what some of your taste is out there.

On RoJa's formula 7.
07.jpg

Here she sits with some SF Challenge.
05.jpg

Going OEM.
03.JPG

All three look pretty good...but I vote for the SF challenge (since I have a set for track use).

I've seen your NSX in person with the SF's and it looks awesome. However, I really LOVE the look of the 1st picture with the RoJa's.

picture #1 - for sure.
Just match the car so much.
Trev

Isn't there a pretty significant weight difference between the OEMs and the other multi-piece wheels? Plus the OEM is BBS forged.

I would go with the OEM. I can't tell if you have spacers on the OEM or not, but you could always add the 15mm spacers if you want them to look more aggressive.

Do you currently have a white hood on the car or the carbon hood? (white hood is better).

No ROJA please.. Better brand names will be preferred.. You are driving a supercar, man... :)

Last edited:
I thought you sold the RaJa? I also like the 2nd picture.

I'm a fan of ALL 3 wheels. But with your color and current upgrades, I feel the Volk's look the best. If you didn't have the aftermarket side skirts, the OEM wheels might flow better with your car. But since the side skirts are aggressive(compared to stock), I think the more aggressive sized Volk wheels match much much better. :smile:

i like the roja's personally due the gunmetal look. it matches the car entirely.

I like the appearance of the volks, but the OEM's are strong, and light.

If these are the white wheels WingZ was selling on ebay, they're replicas of oems, and are cast, instead of forged, resulting in a wheel that has neither of these advantages.

Get the OEM 02+ in powder coat white with the JDM "H" center caps. Get the real deal. Also get the NSX-R type hood and paint it white and front lower bumpber.

SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge

i think you need some contrasting color. your 2 aftermarket choices are too similar - I think thats why you can stick with one

you need GOLD!!!

SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge; SF CHallenge

+1
thumbsup1.gif

+2 vote on volk

03.JPG

OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM, OEM,
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

oem with the spacers for me.

Guys,
Thanks for all the feedbacks. Really nice to get some opinions and different point of views from other members.

I like the stock +02 wheels. Are you planning to paint the hood? Attractive car man :biggrin:

Where did you get your wheels painted from? Please PM me if you have that info.

Hood is just temporary, awaiting the NA1 carbon hood with the R scoop. As for the wheels, they are powder coated, not painted.

Isn't there a pretty significant weight difference between the OEMs and the other multi-piece wheels? Plus the OEM is BBS forged.

I would go with the OEM. I can't tell if you have spacers on the OEM or not, but you could always add the 15mm spacers if you want them to look more aggressive.

Do you currently have a white hood on the car or the carbon hood? (white hood is better).

Right now I have the carbon hood on. The 3rd pic is the most current and i have H&R Hubcentric 25mm on all fours. Flushes nicely to the fenders and makes it look so much better.

I thought you sold the RaJa? I also like the 2nd picture.

Yup, the Rojas have been sold. Posted the pic just to get some opinions, hopefully I won't regret selling them. :biggrin:

I like the appearance of the volks, but the OEM's are strong, and light.

If these are the white wheels WingZ was selling on ebay, they're replicas of oems, and are cast, instead of forged, resulting in a wheel that has neither of these advantages.
Get the OEM 02+ in powder coat white with the JDM "H" center caps. Get the real deal. Also get the NSX-R type hood and paint it white and front lower bumpber.

They are OEM 02+ wheels powder coated in white and as for the "H", haven't applied the sticker yet. I have the NSX-R oem " Red H" center caps, but the cap is champ white, so I can't use them won't match the wheel. So, sorry if that it's not the real deal with the vinyl sticker, it's as close as i can get without having to repaint the NSX-R center caps, eliminating the "red H" completely and than slapping on another "red H" logo. Kinda the same deal..yea?

I love OEM buddy....I'll slap on OEM just like that when I get another X.

We waiting for you to come back Cal. :smile:

Back