• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to: Create a web page

As the title says I'm interested in creating a webpage for a startup business. Something simple but aesthetically pleasing as well.
Is this something I could "learn" or pickup on my own with software or e-info? Should I hire a professional?
Are there some basic pro's and con's with each method?

I'm very interested to hear some of your experiences. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Chad

I have seen plenty of "how to" pages just by google searching.. more curious on your experiences!!

As the title says I'm interested in creating a webpage for a startup business. Something simple but aesthetically pleasing as well.
Is this something I could "learn" or pickup on my own with software or e-info? Should I hire a professional?
Are there some basic pro's and con's with each method?

I'm very interested to hear some of your experiences. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Chad

I have seen plenty of "how to" pages just by google searching.. more curious on your experiences!!

Hi Chad,

I am by no means a web designer, but I can whip out simple static pages using Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver seems to be the standard when it comes to "what you see is what you get" web design programs...

As for hiring a professional, I guess it would depend on how much functionality you want your website to have. If it's going to be simple static pages, and you're comfortable creating the creatives yourself, I say go for it. It's actually quite fun...

If anything, try to learn the fundamentals of web design, and how web pages work, so you can make content updates yourself, and if you want to play with seo, you can go in & make a few tweaks here and there, versus relying on your web designer for all your updates...

Good luck with your site...

Levi

I actually happen to be taking classes in my school for this , i can create severely types of web pages There is allot of stuff you have to remember and learn. I personally learned to hand write the codes rather then Dreamweaver ,
Dreamweaver is very handy and easy to use . But if you want to do this just for personal use creating very easy things im sure you can do this by hand. If you need any help just PM me.

Back