• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to find new 2021’s

I’m looking to buy new since used is so high currently. But there are an extreme few on autotrader and the like. Is there any other resource to find NSX’s on dealer lots?

Back in 2017, when I bought my car, Autotrader was the way to go, but there were a LOT more cars for sale back then. I also "googled" for Acura dealers in every adjacent state, and went to each dealer's website to see what they had in inventory. Keep expanding the search until you (hopefully) find what you're looking for. If they have one call/email them. Not all dealers will have their NSX inventory online.... I searched like a madman and found the car I wanted at the right price in a couple of weeks..... Good luck with the search..... I know there are several dealers on the site that might be able to help you offline as they can search national inventory.

I’ll call my local dealer today. Hopefully I find something not stripped. That’s my biggest issue is most new NSXs are essentially base cars.

Autolist.com shows 46 cars while Autotrader shows 58. Both show 4 2021 year vehicles. Cars.com shows 47 with only 2 2021s. Autotempest.com shows 55 across Ebay and other sites. Bottom line there are not too many 2021s left around. You snooze and you lose. Just kidding, I am sure there is the exact car out there that will make your day. I would worry less about year and more about options and colors. They really are the same car for all practical purposes. With some minor mods the damn things will be so fast your hair will spin...

Last edited:
I’ll call my local dealer today. Hopefully I find something not stripped. That’s my biggest issue is most new NSXs are essentially base cars.

I could be wrong but doubt that you will find fully loaded 21 that's just sitting around at a dealership. Most of them order base and you have to special order for the loaded versions. Order banks have been closed for 2021 so your next best bet is to wait for 2022 order banks to open up probably in late August. 2022 will bring mid model refresh so it would be good to see changes before you finalize your order.

there's only 10-12 new NSXs on the ground nationwide.

probably 1/3 of them are non-desirable color combinations.

dealerships stopped ordering full spec cars as they dont sell. The sweet spot is $170-180 MSRP

If I have to wait and order a 2022 I will just that’s a long wait. The refresh would have to be substantial like an actual power increase for it to be worth it or a full front refresh.

I had sold my current car and was buying a Mclaren 570s that got sold out from under me then the market went insane when Lambo announced they are essentially sold out and my wife hit me up for a pool so I decided to get an nsx and here I am between a rock and a hard place. I might just grab a 2017 and tune/exhaust it.

If I have to wait and order a 2022 I will just that’s a long wait. The refresh would have to be substantial like an actual power increase for it to be worth it or a full front refresh.

I had sold my current car and was buying a Mclaren 570s that got sold out from under me then the market went insane when Lambo announced they are essentially sold out and my wife hit me up for a pool so I decided to get an nsx and here I am between a rock and a hard place. I might just grab a 2017 and tune/exhaust it.

Not a bad idea. More than likely 2022 won't be delivered until Feb/March of 2022 and who knows what the pricing will be like then. M

Well, it's hard to predict the future when it comes to car pricing and availability. Due to the chip and parts shortages and labor shortages and disputes, new cars are in short supply, and used car prices are up 29%. Back in 17' when I was able to buy my NSX at $43K off sticker I jumped, thinking "we may never pass this way again". The car shortage may continue for a LONG time? This is what is driving the used car market, including our NSX prices.

The problem is we do not know how long the shortage and production disruptions will continue. I recently traded in my wife's Subaru Ascent 7 months early and was awarded $5,500 in equity.... Long story short, I used the equity to buy down a lease on a 2021 Hyundai Palisade Calligraphy (great car). High demand, but I got lucky and nabbed an incoming car. I also read that due to such tight supply, Palisade used car prices were +$1,600 over new cars, and used Kia Tellurides were +$3,600 more than new ones!!! I was told that the 2022 Palisades were going to priced 15% higher than the 2021's. I figure buy now, take the profit, and the car may seem cheap 6 months from now.... I've been told that ALL cars are expected to have large increases in price in 2022. Car companies are struggling. I read that Ford sales are down 30%..... Manufacturers will have to raise prices to cover their lost incomes due to the shortages. I also heard that there are thousands of Subarus on the ground in Japan sitting waiting for motherboards before they can be shipped. Don't know if true, but that's what my Subaru dealer told me. Did the same thing with my daughters car. Turned in early with a $4,600 gain to put down on a new car. Small discount on car, but crazy trade in values.....

Very unusual and unprecedented times.

So, buy an NSK now? Or wait??? Hard to know. And what happens if and or when the chip shortage is resolved, and suddenly car dealer lots once again have hundreds of cars on their lots instead of half a dozen per month? Will demand for used cars drop and prices plummet? Will our high NSX prices drop/plummet as well?? With the Hyundai, I decided to buy NOW and take the profit before it disappeared, Hard to know exactly what to do with regards to buying an NSX....... It could be all about timing?

even if there are some changes that occur, initially there will not be any discounts till the cars sit or orders are too slow. So you would be waiting a long time. Time enough for your wife to come up with another way to spend your car money.

McLaren's are nice but problematic. If you are getting a McLaren at least get the 720S? Better yet get a NSX in the color you want and then modify it to your liking. You will have a faster car then what ever improvement Acura makes in the 2022. Also you can get the carbon fiber options you want which no aftermarket product is offered. I suspect that if there is a different front end shows up you can probably buy the components. Acura/Honda never changed the original NSX body where you could not modify an older car. I knew folks who upgraded the engine from 3.0 to 3.2 and also went from 5 speed to the 6 speed. They changed out the bumpers etcetera.

Subjective, sure... but what colors are considered not desirable?

I'm sure AHM has data on what sells fast and what sells slow- it's all relative I suppose. If I had to guess I would say it is the Ivory interior cars, or whatever they are calling that color on the NC1s. It looks kinda ok on the blue, Nord and Valencia cars. On the others, I think it clashes.

I only see 2 whites, 2 blues, and 1 yellow in terms of new 2021 currently on Carguru but clearly there are far more than this via dealer portals.

1 blue is used the other blue I contacted and they at first refused to do the Acura 20k incentive then Called me the next day and said they already had someone that would do that if I paid more they would give me the car and I said no thanks. Freaking classy.

Yellow is awful to sell and my last 3 cars have been white so I’m not going that route no matter what.

dang, a lot sold in the past 2 weeks. there were 10ish on 6/28

This is what our system shows as on the ground.
OAKLAND ACURAOAKLANDCA(510)444-8383NC1B0MGW19UNC1B07MY000019 KA +BS/EN
MONTANO ACURAALBUQUERQUENM(505)345-8741NC1B0MGW19UNC1B06MY000027 KA +BS/EN
GILLMAN ACURAHOUSTONTX(281)821-1100NC1B0MGW19UNC1B02MY000039 KA +SL/SA
ACURA OF THE RIO GRANDE VALLEYSAN JUANTX(956)475-3810NC1B0MGW19UNC1B05MY000049 KA WI/RE
ACURA OF WAPPINGERS FALLSWAPPINGERS FALLNY(845)298-0400NC1B0MGW19UNC1B01MY000016 KA WK/SA

1 blue is used the other blue I contacted and they at first refused to do the Acura 20k incentive then Called me the next day and said they already had someone that would do that if I paid more they would give me the car and I said no thanks. Freaking classy.

Yellow is awful to sell and my last 3 cars have been white so I’m not going that route no matter what.

Sorry to hear that. I don't get why dealership would refuse 20K. I thought this is additional rebate for the customer upon using Acura financial services. Does the dealership get dinged for this?

Sorry to hear that. I don't get why dealership would refuse 20K. I thought this is additional rebate for the customer upon using Acura financial services. Does the dealership get dinged for this?
They made it sound like they do. I don’t get it either. Never in my life have a had an official dealer act so shady. This is like used car reseller tactics. If someone offers me a car to snake away from someone else if I pay more it’s an instant no and a walk.

I bought a 2021 and couldn't get my hands on it for 6 months because of the production fun and my excellent dealer 😵*💫 😅 so grab what inventory strikes your fancy - even if an earlier model year. These things are amazing to drive! 👍

Turns into $20k profit for them. They know there aren't many new NSXs available, so they're waiting for the customer that doesn't know about the $20k or doesn't care.

I bought a 2021 and couldn't get my hands on it for 6 months because of the production fun and my excellent dealer 😵*💫 😅 so grab what inventory strikes your fancy - even if an earlier model year. These things are amazing to drive! 👍
I’m trying. But I’m also not going to get fleeced. These prices won’t last for more than another 6 months at most. All supply chains are returning to normal.

Back