• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to read NSX OBD1 error code

Hi everyone ive followed the Wiki on how to read error codes stored within the NSX and ive found that when the dash blinks to show off the code. i have 2 lights flashing. Being new to OBD1 error code reading im unsure on what to do or what the flashing lights mean. Attatched is a link to a video of my exact dash lights when the blue connector is shorted out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLjKkTK9Vg
Thank you all!

When you trigger the reporting of error codes using the service check connector, you cause any device with stored error codes to report the codes. In this case, it looks like you have both TCS and ECU error codes stored.

If you don't have a copy already, there are links on Prime to a .pdf version of the 1991 service manual. Find it and download it. Its your friend. It will provide guidance on how to count the blinks (tricky if you have more than one stored code) along with a list of the actual error codes.

Hi everyone ive followed the Wiki on how to read error codes stored within the NSX and ive found that when the dash blinks to show off the code. i have 2 lights flashing. Being new to OBD1 error code reading im unsure on what to do or what the flashing lights mean. Attatched is a link to a video of my exact dash lights when the blue connector is shorted out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuLjKkTK9Vg
Thank you all!

Your TCS error code is 5-1 (5 long blinks then 1 short blink), which means a faulty fail-safe relay, throttle actuator or throttle body. It's on Pg. 19-84 of the service manual. I would check these components and also inspect the wire harness for shorts.

It looks like your PGM-FI error code is 1 (one short blink), which would indicate a failed front O2 sensor. Check Pg. 11-18 of the manual for codes.

Thank you guys for the assistance!
Ive recently done headers so the front bank o2 sensor one should be my fault if the connectors decided to unclip or if the wires were burned through. I will take a look into the TCS error code!
I appreciate the help!

Back