• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to remove oem rear spoiler?

Hi everyone!! Can anybody provide some info to remove oem rear spoiler? I have unscrewed. but I think it has double tape underneath. And do I need to reuse oem studs to install nsx r spoiler? Becuz it does not come with studs. Thank you very much!!

wrap a towel around a flat head screwdriver and pry up slowly.. it does have double side tape. pry up on the leg slowly and it'll come out.. don't scratch the paint.

what do you mean the nsx r spoiler does not come with studs? who did you buy it from?
even the cheap one from seibon comes pre-studs so all u have to do is reuse your old nuts.

you should NOT have to studs the new spoiler.. .. i would NOT remove the factory studs from the oem spoiler.. leave that alone.

if u need studs then go to lowes, home depot, etc and get some threaded rod about 1in long.. get some locktite thread lock, some nuts and then you're set.. i'm assuming the new nsx r spoiler been threaded from wherever u bought it from.

wrap a towel around a flat head screwdriver and pry up slowly.. it does have double side tape. pry up on the leg slowly and it'll come out.. don't scratch the paint.

what do you mean the nsx r spoiler does not come with studs? who did you buy it from?
even the cheap one from seibon comes pre-studs so all u have to do is reuse your old nuts.

you should NOT have to studs the new spoiler.. .. i would NOT remove the factory studs from the oem spoiler.. leave that alone.

if u need studs then go to lowes, home depot, etc and get some threaded rod about 1in long.. get some locktite thread lock, some nuts and then you're set.. i'm assuming the new nsx r spoiler been threaded from wherever u bought it from.
Thank you for your time and info. The spoiler is replica nsx r was used.Bought it from a year ago. made from Johnny. But I have ask seller. He told me js reuse from oem studs. I know it dosent make sense. how can it not come with studs?!!! Well... What can I say, but I feel very honor in this nsx family. Alots of good and kind respect people in here. I am glad we are helping eachother. Thank you!! And thank you all to give info.

Hi everyone!! Can anybody provide some info to remove oem rear spoiler? I have unscrewed. but I think it has double tape underneath. And do I need to reuse oem studs to install nsx r spoiler? Becuz it does not come with studs. Thank you very much!!

Just did mine. Used a set of plastic sparkling tools I bought at Home Depot for a few dollars. Used one to pry up rear a bit and another to cut through the tape. Worked like a charm. Good luck!

Back