• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to replace exterior door handle

Hi all! New to the forum. I have an issue in which the door handle does not pop back in after being lock. Apperently, the spring broke. I bought a new door handle but the problem is I don't know how to disassemble everything to reach it. Would you guys be able to help me or guide me how to do it? Nc1 NSX

Hi all! New to the forum. I have an issue in which the door handle does not pop back in after being lock. Apperently, the spring broke. I bought a new door handle but the problem is I don't know how to disassemble everything to reach it. Would you guys be able to help me or guide me how to do it? Nc1 NSX
I think what DJ Iceman meant to say is that if the car is still in warranty, you should bring it to the dealer. If you don't they could deny a later warranty claim on the handle.

If the car is out of warranty, then it makes more sense to try to repair yourself. There's not a lot of literature yet on NC1 DIY (more will grow as the car ages, just like the NA1/2). However, Helms usually publishes repair manuals even if you can't get your hands on factory service manuals (AFAIK, there isn't one publicly available for the NC1 yet). I'd look to see if Helms has a NC1 manual.

**EDIT**

Looks like the days of paper manuals are over. You can get the info here, but you have to subscribe to the Honda site:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/web/svcexp_qs.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Yeah, the car is out of warranty at this point. I just bought it a few weeks ago. I'm gonna look and see what I can find. Thank you.

Disassembly of the door is quite complex with many possibilities of scratching panels (especially silver pull handle and door opening lever), rendering any savings from doing it yourself to nil.

would think since you own the part already it would just be labor to install ( could be expensive as well) but maybe a local body shop that has worked on Land Rover , Tesla or other vehicles that have automated door handles may have a grasp on how to replace and could be less expensive route.. I also know some have wrapped their handles and in some cases when wrapped they were removed to do properly so maybe look into high end wrap shop that may have experience in removal

Good to know. Thank you. I already got it replaced by a local shop that specializes on sports cars. But I'll keep this in mind. I just have to fix the annoying check engine light caused by the aftermarket exhaust

Back