• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to take delivery of a Lamborghini Reventon

Wow, the inside looks pretty stupid.
The cluster looks like knight rider from 1980.

X2, I don't really care what it costs or the badge on it. Looks like shit to me on the inside. Now the outside is not too bad just way over the top for me.

Ya know that old saying about a polished turd still being a turd??
Apparently Lambo took heed and decided to not even waste their time polishing this one.

That car is sick looking. Did anyone else notice the low oil level light is on? Ha....it already has an oil leak and it hasn't even been driven off the crate.

or its not started and ALL the light have come on....my porsche does the same thing

what happened to the pics? :( I only see the gauge panel :(

no more pics? :(

I say bring it on...

paganizondarwallpaper1-vi.jpg

paganizondar1-vi.jpg
And the winner is!

I know two people who own one and both of them felt cheated after hearing the specs of the car.

Lamborghini took very large deposits from some of their best customers to build a "Veyron crusher" and came out with a body kit. I know at least one of the customers asked for their deposit back and was refused by Lambo. My guess is they won't be nearly as successful with their next limited edition car.

I would guess that this car won't be worth 400K in a few years, I know I wouldn't think of trading my Carrera GT for one even.

I know two people who own one and both of them felt cheated after hearing the specs of the car.

Lamborghini took very large deposits from some of their best customers to build a "Veyron crusher" and came out with a body kit. I know at least one of the customers asked for their deposit back and was refused by Lambo. My guess is they won't be nearly as successful with their next limited edition car.

I would guess that this car won't be worth 400K in a few years, I know I wouldn't think of trading my Carrera GT for one even.

What ever happend to your Caparo T1? The last I heard people were doing photoshoots and it was getting a lot of press. Man that car is so hot... That CGT of yours ain't too shabby either:tongue:

What ever happend to your Caparo T1? The last I heard people were doing photoshoots and it was getting a lot of press. Man that car is so hot... That CGT of yours ain't too shabby either:tongue:

They had lots of problems with their press cars, one caught on fire and burnt a driver, a few other broke down while the media was testing. Because of this the US distributor pulled out and refunded my deposit.

The factory contacted me afterwards and wanted to know if I wanted to buy it directly for 20% more than I had originally agreed upon with no warranty and I would have to ship it to Europe whenever I had a problem. I decided it wasn't worth the hastle to deal with a car like that!:mad:

Tell me you're joking, right?

One just went on eBay for 2.5 million. They will always be worth a TON of money, simply because there's only 20 of them.

I know of a couple you could buy for less than half that amount! I guarantee if one sold on ebay for 2.5M it was a scam.

Just because they make very many of something doesn't make it valuable. There needs to be demand.

They may be worth a TON of money in the future, if you buy one with quarters! (about $40,000) :smile:

I know of a couple you could buy for less than half that amount! I guarantee if one sold on ebay for 2.5M it was a scam.

Just because they make very many of something doesn't make it valuable. There needs to be demand.

They may be worth a TON of money in the future, if you buy one with quarters! (about $40,000) :smile:

Carguy knows his exotics and anyone who knows their exotics knows their respective markets. If Lambo suggested a Veryon killer, I also would be quite dissapointed.

specs def. aren't Veyron killing. The one owner I know doesn't feel cheated; however, in a conversation with Winkelman about the lack of more power. After the conversation, the owner was more satisfied. Limiting production sidesteps some regulation. The said owner has had a few serious offers, both above $2M. Tempted was the word he used. When he finally drove it; he declared it felt exactly like his Murcielago; but much faster. That is all I would expect considering that is what it is; and a designers excersize.

reventon_a.jpg

Lamborghini_Reventon_12_Night_3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3psTFZTZFp8

I don't think it's as great a car as the CGT, Veyron, or Enzo.... but it cannot be compared directly IMHO.

Another 'bull, but not the THE 'bull...

Another for sale on eBay. International Auto Show one no less.
Curious to see what it will fetch.
Interesting that the seller is hyping a Gallardo Spyder as a Reventón Gallardo 'analog... lolz! :p

Nothin' else to it other than the Reventon's exterior paint-scheme which some high-quality dark-gray matte finish vinyl can equally accomplish, or an actual OEM-respray, and the Reventon-like Alcantara stitched interior which our proficient resident NSX customizer Kane can do! ;)

The coolest thing about the actual Reventon was the F-22 Raptor 'like body-work & fighter-aircraft/flight-simulator inspired instruments, of which this "Reventón Gallardo" has none of! :rolleyes:

Also, the Reventon's exterior paint/finish fits the relevant body-work/angles/facets. Not the case w/ the LP560-4 Spyder!

MSRP for an '09 Gallardo Spyder is ~$220k'ish. With the aforementioned options (special paint / interior-trim), perhaps a window-sticker & reserve price of ~$250k'ish (though the seller states/claims actual list was ~$300k). If it was Lamborghini of O.C., then perhaps than 1/2 that... :D

I don't think it'll break ~$200k via the ebay listing in this economy (unless I missed something uber-exclusive in the listing/description). . .

Perhaps a Bruce Wayne type of collector may snatch it up on a whim or an exotics dealer will acquire on some sort of consignment dealio'. . .

Back