• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HPDE and Track Days in March!

TAG

Experienced Member
The Track-day calendar for March is awesome! Both of these excellent events are being held right in our own backyard; Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch! Don't let the guys from Cali coming in for these events have all the fun! :biggrin:

The LV chapters of the Porsche Club of America and the SCCA are hosting an HPDE event at SMMR. These guys are fanatical about safety, and are great with beginners. This would be a great event for Sandra to "break-in" the S2000CR! :biggrin:

DATE: March 1st and 2nd. Sign up for this soon, as they fill up quickly. :smile:

The following weekend (also at SMMR): Speed Ventures is hosting a HPDE/Track Day; all driving levels welcome, transponders will be available. Ride-along instructors will also be available.

DATE: March 8th and 9th

Anybody up for these events...?

EDIT: I still don't have my ITR back, and my engine builder (and friend) was apologetic. He asked me when the next events I wanted to attend were scheduled. I told him the first two weeks in March. He said no problem, if the pistons don't arrive in time. I'll just put one of my racing engines in for you to use. 260whp 2.0L all-motor Honda drag-race motor! :eek: :eek: At least there will some motor in the car for the events! :tongue: Customer service like this is why LDL Speed Shop is forced to double the size of their shop. :wink:

I just met with a guy from the Porsche club today (was looking at a road cycle I am selling and showed up in his Turbo! It was a good day) and he mentioned the event is a blast. I may hook up with him for Sunday's events. He's a great guy, so we had a good talk.

I would certainly be in the beginner's class, as I have never tracked my car before! Hopefully there will be a nice NSX turn out.

I would certainly be in the beginner's class, as I have never tracked my car before!

Sandra and I are in the same boat you are. I purchased a supercharged MR2 (AW11) to learn. I can't make it this coming month but Sandra may be able. Tom and Lance recommended the Porsche guys to learn from. Let us know if you hear anything more.

Nik

Sandra and I are in the same boat you are. I purchased a supercharged MR2 (AW11) to learn. I can't make it this coming month but Sandra may be able. Tom and Lance recommended the Porsche guys to learn from. Let us know if you hear anything more.

Nik

Virgil ( Driver) and Cherie may be there on Sunday.

Can you give me a phone call about the track. I teach with the the Porsche club.

Lance Davis, nsxalot
645-1027

I just met with a guy from the Porsche club today (was looking at a road cycle I am selling and showed up in his Turbo! It was a good day) and he mentioned the event is a blast. I may hook up with him for Sunday's events. He's a great guy, so we had a good talk.

I would certainly be in the beginner's class, as I have never tracked my car before! Hopefully there will be a nice NSX turn out.

I don't think the engine for my car will be completed in time for the March 1st and 2nd event. I'm already registered for the Speed Ventures event the following weekend though. I'll go out there as a spectator/photographer (on the 1st and 2nd), or perhaps work the event.

Back